is anyone able to get on right now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

efab

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i accessed my application earlier tonight and was actually booted off in mid-sentence. wtf! unless someone responds that they are on tonight, i am going to c&p my prior thread's posts into an email to john, the cheif operations officer. how dare he comment that he knows how valuable our time is. did anyone else get that pitiful email this morning? please everyone call vmcas tomorrow and complain about the crappy service!

Members don't see this ad.

I also was on the VMCAS site earlier tonight, and was kicked off right after I tried to save one of my entries. I'm glad a friend gave me the advice to type everything in a Word document and cut & paste it into VMCAS rather than typing everything directly into VMCAS.

Wouldn't it be nice if they extended the deadline one day for each day that the site is messed up? I know, I know, I should have submitted my application weeks ago to avoid these troubles, but seriously - it is pathetic that a website for application to a professional school program has this many problems. It is not like it is a one-time thing either, because the AAVMC apparently knows that their application website is a piece of s**t, and that is why they feel the need to give the little warning about how you should apply two weeks early to avoid problems due to web congestion. They really need to invest in technology that can handle the number of applicants that use the site (which is really only a few thousand, right? We're not talking Google-like traffic here!).

Sorry, enough ranting! Hopefully the site will be better tomorrow.

I know that they are doing some maintenance to the server this afternoon, which should be done relatively early. Hopefully this should stop any problems we're having.

I'm going to try to only work on it in the mornings when I have a spare moment, or early afternoons. I think the reason it started booting people last night was because everyone got on at once.

I tried to call them yesterday.. the first time the guy said he couldn't hear me, and then it disconnected. I tried to call back, got through the system again and it hung me up. I called back a third time, and the number didn't even answer. When I called from a different phone number, I got through to a different person who said yes, they were aware of the problems.

It was probably not intentional- perhaps their phone service is just as problematic as their server. I was just a bit disappointed.