Is anyone else having trouble concentrating at work?

Started by Zendoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Zendoc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don' t know about all of you, but I am having uber problems concentrating at work now that I am a lame duck (accepted to med school and leaving in four months)...

Like today someone at my work was all, "and they were talking about how you haven't been able to completely devote yourself to the lab since you've been traveling for interviews and how annoyed they are with you" (meaning with me) and my reply was, "actually, I don't care..." and you know what??? I DON'T! I like my job at times, but when it gets all dramatic around here, I have a lot of trouble taking it seriously especially because I know I am on my way out...

This is more of a personal rant than an appropriate subject for a new thread, but what the heck, vent people! I know there are others out there who are totally bored/dazed/daydreaming about staring medical school like me and who are annoyed at their jobs. Tell me your stories, tell me something interesting so I don't die of boredom at work today...
 
How about just concentrating in general. I was trying to read and can't seem to read more than like 3 pages at a time before my mind starts wandering onto things med school related.
 
How about just concentrating in general. I was trying to read and can't seem to read more than like 3 pages at a time before my mind starts wandering onto things med school related.

Amen...the other day during sex I was all, did I get a secondary to NYMC? I can't remember...Oh yeah, that's it.... J/K ....:laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my quarrel is moreso with building friendships or a meaningful relationship, I've made friends and did the girlfriend thing but I distance myself because I know I'm leaving and don't want to get too close to anybody...it sucks
 
my quarrel is moreso with building friendships or a meaningful relationship, I've made friends and did the girlfriend thing but I distance myself because I know I'm leaving and don't want to get too close to anybody...it sucks

Damn, that's rough. I kind of feel like that too sometimes. Like I think if I were sticking around where I am at now indefinitely, I would have tried harder to make more girlfriends. I only have like two good girlfriends here. Better than none I guess.
 
Damn, that's rough. I kind of feel like that too sometimes. Like I think if I were sticking around where I am at now indefinitely, I would have tried harder to make more girlfriends. I only have like two good girlfriends here. Better than none I guess.

Seriously, I mean if I wasn't going to be moving for med school I'd probably have tried to keep at least six or seven girlfriends rather than just two :laugh:
 
Seriously, I mean if I wasn't going to be moving for med school I'd probably have tried to keep at least six or seven girlfriends rather than just two :laugh:

Haha, I'm pretty sure that Zendoc is a lady...I mean, I may be wrong, but this is what I remember from other threads. Therefore, she means 'friends who are girls', not literal girlfriends...:laugh:
 
Haha, I'm pretty sure that Zendoc is a lady...I mean, I may be wrong, but this is what I remember from other threads. Therefore, she means 'friends who are girls', not literal girlfriends...:laugh:

ahem...uh...yeah, of course that's what I meant too 😳

😆