is anyone freaking out about money????Help TUFTS students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calipaww

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay guys so today i had sort of a freak out session about how much money this is going to cost!!!! so i really like tufts a lot but the money is just out of control. any tufts students out there who dont have any rich relatives helping them out for the cost and have all loans out there to offer any advice? see i have another option to go to a somewhat lower costing school , about 6-7000 but i dont like the whole package as much. any thoughts???

Members don't see this ad.

not a tufts student... have you looked at military scholarships???

i'm not a tufts student either....

but i also am worried about finances... student loans have a pretty good interest rate though....

and if you think about the number of physicians that there are- most of them probably had to pay back loans and they're still around....

you aren't the only one who doesn't have rich parents/relatives to pay your way through....it can be done otherwise

good luck :)

Hi,

I can tell you about my situation if that will help. I am currently a student at Tufts right now. I totally understand that money is a concern when deciding what school to attend. I had some other choices which were much then Tufts and even a really goodstate school. In the end I choose to come here for a lot of reasons. Yes money was a factor for me as I don't have rich relatives. I have taken out the full amount for federal loans and private loans to cover the rest. Being in Boston does not help as it is a bit pricey. You know what? I am very glad I am here. I absolutely love it here in Boston and would if I had it to do it again, i would still do the same. For me, the experience was more important then money. Sure I'll be in debt when I get out more so then the average med student, but I have made really good friends and alot of my close undergrad friends live in Boston. I also enjoy Tufts alot. I don't think about the money that much. I watch my spending and enjoy the exp here. I am lucky that I do not have a undergrad debt as some do, so that does help. My advice is go where you'll be happy most, the money will not be as a big deal. If you have any questions, just email or IM me.