Is anyone still waiting for Columbia's decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daZ3d

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As each day passes, I cannot help but to get more and more frustrated with Columbia's admissions process. I contacted them again and was told that the anticipated March deadline to receive a decision is delayed. I've been waiting for almost 3 months now and my application is still under review. Are there any other members sharing the same frustration and apprehension as me?! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

So I assume everyone who applied and wanted to get in already received their decisions..:rolleyes:

You should really contact them and ask them to check out your app status. Just call. Last year I applied to a school with a very lengthy period of sending out acceptances, and by late-April I still had not heard back, so I kept my hopes up and thought that maybe they were preparing the last batch of acceptances or wait-lists (this was at a Canadian school though, so diff application deadlines and ppl really start to hear back at the beginning of April). Then I finally worked up the nerve to call them one day, and it turns out, the rejection letter had been lost in the mail. They told me my results right away.

That is not to say this is the case for you, because it could be that your file indeed got lost somewhere and maybe it was an acceptance. So just call and get rid of your worries. Good luck!

You should really contact them and ask them to check out your app status. Just call. Last year I applied to a school with a very lengthy period of sending out acceptances, and by late-April I still had not heard back, so I kept my hopes up and thought that maybe they were preparing the last batch of acceptances or wait-lists (this was at a Canadian school though, so diff application deadlines and ppl really start to hear back at the beginning of April). Then I finally worked up the nerve to call them one day, and it turns out, the rejection letter had been lost in the mail. They told me my results right away.

That is not to say this is the case for you, because it could be that your file indeed got lost somewhere and maybe it was an acceptance. So just call and get rid of your worries. Good luck!

Hey parapluie,

I will be doing just that this week. When I contacted them via email, I was told my application was still under review, however I am skeptical of it as it seems like a generic one in order to stop me from pestering them. :laugh:

I did follow up with an email inquiring why it was taking them so long and was told that there was a large applicant pool this cycle. Despite this, I will be calling later this week to make sure everything is fine. Thanks for sharing your experience with this.