is boards and wards the best source for Step 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bulldog

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just starting 3rd year rotations. For step 2, is boards/wards 2/e (dunno when 3/e will come out), the book we're supposed to memorize, kinda how FA Step 1 was so useful? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

yes, it is by far IMHO the best source. definately the most popular review book for shelves and usmle at my school. worked like a charm for me. don't forget step 2 secrets as well.

later

how does it compare to fa step ii ck? i havne't heard of b&w before, and fa is a 'brand name'.... b&w seems a little on the thin side to me....

fa step 2 is solid too. but, b&w was concise, and EVERYTHING in that book was helpful. i only used FA for about 2-3 weeks, after i lost my b&w, so i can't compare in detail. but, i was surpirsed by FA, as everyone had told me that the step 2 version was weak. it wasn't.

i just prefered the format, size, etc of b&w, and used it because i heard great things and had a great experience with pathophys for b&w on step 1.