is BRS behavioral sufficient for ....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tega

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ethics on z boards
I remember taking the behavioral shelf last yr....and about 70% of the questions were med ethics. Only one chapter in BRS is dedicated to this topic....:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I never used BRS Behavoiral, so I can't say specifically. But the combination of First Aid, Step-Up, High Yield Behavoiral Science, and my brain prepared me well for the ethical questions. Actually, I don't remember too many, but every test IS different.

Originally posted by tega
ethics on z boards
I remember taking the behavioral shelf last yr....and about 70% of the questions were med ethics. Only one chapter in BRS is dedicated to this topic....:confused:

I've heard that a fair proportion of the beh sci questions are doctor-patient relationship questions (that often involve medical ethics). And these are the types of things that few review books really cover that well. Probably because the answers are often a combination of knowing accepted medical practice, knowing the law, and knowing "the right thing to say." Thing is, often times it seems like there is more than one right answer among the choices. And, in real life, there always is. But not on the boards.

Originally posted by jed2023
I've heard that a fair proportion of the beh sci questions are doctor-patient relationship questions (that often involve medical ethics). And these are the types of things that few review books really cover that well. Probably because the answers are often a combination of knowing accepted medical practice, knowing the law, and knowing "the right thing to say." Thing is, often times it seems like there is more than one right answer among the choices. And, in real life, there always is. But not on the boards.

yeah sucks....quite often i find myself deciding between what i would actually do in a particular situation...and what the "right" answer is. But I hear the kaplans behavioral lecture notes covers this topic pretty well...haven?t actually read it....but will try secure a copy.