May 1, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm about to finish a course in cognitive neuroscience and I'm wondering if it would count as BCPM. Here is the course title and description: "Psych 3604 Cognitive Neuroscience"

This introductory course concerns the biological basis of the mind and how mechanisms in the brain shape human thought and behavior. For example, how does your brain enable you to vividly remember your first date, recognize a face, or take notes during class? By the end of the course you will have a working vocabulary of the terms, concepts, and theories of cognitive neuroscience. You will have increased appreciation for how our brains relate to everyday experience, and the skills to begin to evaluate primary research as a foundation for further study. PREREQ: Psych 100B

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Aug 15, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
if it was bio heavy, classify it as such. If AMCAS disagrees, they’ll just switch it over for you.

Talldoctor96

2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2018
Agreed with what they say above, however the fact that it is classified as PSYCH is really really not gonna help your case. Reality is they are processing thousands of apps-- and there are like less than 10 people at AMCAS who do the transcript verification. Put the ball in their court to change it if you think it is supposed to be BIO.

About the Ads
Oct 11, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I took Cog Neuro under the PSYCH department. Classified it as BCPM and it was accepted. Really depends on who does the verificaiton.

Reactions: 2 users

notthrowingawaymyshot

MD Class of 2024 (◠‿◠✿)
2+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I put a Biological Psychology course under the Psych department as BCPM and they also accepted it. I don’t think department matters if the content is mainly BCPM, and neuro is biology so you should be fine!

Reactions: 2 users

Talldoctor96

2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2018
I put a Biological Psychology course under the Psych department as BCPM and they also accepted it. I don’t think department matters if the content is mainly BCPM, and neuro is biology so you should be fine!
The reality is they don’t have the resources to be looking that closely it’s like 5 people going through thousands of apps. Just do what you think is right.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.