fit2

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Forgot to mention specifically for organic chemistry!!!

I was wondering if people used ochem from datqvaul and if anyone would recommend it? What did u think terms of actually preparing you for the stuff you see on the real test? I loved their bio section and I'm doing the gen Chen tests and I personally think they're really really good practice (a few poorly written questions but no other complaints)

Thanks a lot for the input and advice!!

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I think it's pretty solid! Yeah some of the questions are worded badly/can be confusing. The real DAT isn't too bad in that regard.

OP
fit2

fit2

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Thanks! I'm going to cover some of Chad's videos and I might get it. For some reason I love DATQVAULT tests I feel like they've helped me a lot in Gchem and bio

Reactions: LuckBloodandSweat
Aug 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Thanks! I'm going to cover some of Chad's videos and I might get it. For some reason I love DATQVAULT tests I feel like they've helped me a lot in Gchem and bio
Some of their questions are hard but I like it too. Also don't forget to check out BC.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

OP
fit2

fit2

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Thanks! I actually used Bootcamp more as a learning tool when I started studying. A lot of people used it as practice tests before the actual tests. Haha so I suppose now I'm using datqvault as last prep before exam but you're right ;) I'll probably do 1-2 full length tests from Bootcamp. Even if I covered the questions when doing the sections individually. I was learning the stuff at the time so it'll be helpful still I think

RR1515

5+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Forgot to mention specifically for organic chemistry!!!

I was wondering if people used ochem from datqvaul and if anyone would recommend it? What did u think terms of actually preparing you for the stuff you see on the real test? I loved their bio section and I'm doing the gen Chen tests and I personally think they're really really good practice (a few poorly written questions but no other complaints)

Thanks a lot for the input and advice!!

I think QVault was very similar to the level of difficulty of OC for my actual DAT! It's a really great resource, I would definitely recommend to go through as many questions as you can before the official test.

Good luck!

Reactions: LuckBloodandSweat

lxx

2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I think QVault was very similar to the level of difficulty of OC for my actual DAT! It's a really great resource, I would definitely recommend to go through as many questions as you can before the official test.

Good luck!
How would say its bio section compares to the actual dat?

OP
fit2

fit2

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I haven't taken my DAT just yet but the the tests are well balanced, have many questions that test some sort of application and then a few random ones per test (which sometimes you can kinda figure out). Their layout is so cool, you can easily save questions you get wrong and you can go back and go over them. Try first free test. I'd recommend DAT Q Vault especially for Bio but right now I'm doing their Gchem and Ochem and I like it a lot too (the chem's have some poorly written questions. only a few though).

Jan 25, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
I haven't taken my DAT just yet but the the tests are well balanced, have many questions that test some sort of application and then a few random ones per test (which sometimes you can kinda figure out). Their layout is so cool, you can easily save questions you get wrong and you can go back and go over them. Try first free test. I'd recommend DAT Q Vault especially for Bio but right now I'm doing their Gchem and Ochem and I like it a lot too (the chem's have some poorly written questions. only a few though).
Hi there,
I am curious to know what you thought of QVault after taking the exam. I am in a similar boat as I have used Bootcamp as a study tool and pretty much did all the exams already. My DAT is in 25 days and I am low-key anxious so any advice helps. Thank you!!

OP
fit2

fit2

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi there,
I am curious to know what you thought of QVault after taking the exam. I am in a similar boat as I have used Bootcamp as a study tool and pretty much did all the exams already. My DAT is in 25 days and I am low-key anxious so any advice helps. Thank you!!
Hey. I liked bio quite a lot for DAT. I’d say a must if you want some practice and exposure. Chemistries were okay but that’s only because a few questions were too nit picky and some IMO were wrong (only like 2 out of all of them). Honesty for math, I don’t really remember but I didn’t get enough time to focus on them because I had DAT destroyer math. Those books are really good (besides tests 10-12 are ridiculously hard). 100% would get bio from qvault. It’s been a bit since my test but I’d read more detailed info in my (very detailed) brwadkdown haha