Is DAT score based on how ppl do in that day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archonsbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like SAT, if people do horrible, your score kinda goes up. For example, the score in May (let's say you get 1 wrong, but you'll still get a 800 since a lot of ppl didn't do so well in May) is usually higher than the one in October (If you get 1 wrong, you are likely to get a 790, since ppl study a ton for the october SAT).

Does DAT like that as well? I am sure there is a little bit of a standard, but if ppl who took the test with me didn't do well, is my score going to be relatively higher?

Members don't see this ad.

Like SAT, if people do horrible, your score kinda goes up. For example, the score in May (let's say you get 1 wrong, but you'll still get a 800 since a lot of ppl didn't do so well in May) is usually higher than the one in October (If you get 1 wrong, you are likely to get a 790, since ppl study a ton for the october SAT).

Does DAT like that as well? I am sure there is a little bit of a standard, but if ppl who took the test with me didn't do well, is my score going to be relatively higher?

Not quite. The standardized score you get (22, 23, 24, etc.) in each section is called "standardized" for a reason. It has taken into account the difficulty of the test. The percentile of your score will change. If the rest of your testtaking pool does not do rather well, your score will have a higher percentile (you will have done better than a larger proportion of other test-takers). If the rest of your pool does quite well, your score will have a lower percentile. Unfortunately if the test happens to be harder than what you're normally used to, you will simply score lower. It is not a matter of how well you did compared to the couple thousand other people you wrote with. It's a matter of how well you did, period.

I don't believe schools see percentiles on score reports. They only see your raw score, so don't worry about it. Just do your best, and take your score as-is.

No. Its not the MCAT. you will get your scores immediately after the test and there are not designated days you have to sit for the exam.