Is diffraction an important topic on mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrisz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished the optics section in TBR. It spends many pages on diffraction with vague description. When i took physics, my pro ran out of time so he skipped the topic. I also skimmed though ek and princeton review for related contents. Princeton, just few sentence to describe what is diffraction, even does not mention about double slit. EK also less than a page describing it. I am really confused how important it is on the real mcat. should i go to my textbook to have some deeper understanding?

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished the optics section in TBR. It spends many pages on diffraction with vague description. When i took physics, my pro ran out of time so he skipped the topic. I also skimmed though ek and princeton review for related contents. Princeton, just few sentence to describe what is diffraction, even does not mention about double slit. EK also less than a page describing it. I am really confused how important it is on the real mcat. should i go to my textbook to have some deeper understanding?
I cannot disclose what I had on my MCAT in 2011, so I'll just wink at ya. ;)

Reactions: 1 user