Is EtCO2 an ASA standard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For moderate to deep IIRC.

When the majority of closed claims during MAC is due to respiratory events it pretty much better be on your patient these days.

Edit- added quote from ASA HoD:

“It became effective as of July 2011 and now reads:
“During regional anesthesia (with no sedation) or local anesthesia (with no sedation), the adequacy of ventilation shall be evaluated by continual observation of qualitative clinical signs. During moderate or deep sedation, the adequacy of ventilation shall be evaluated by continual observation of qualitative clinical signs and monitoring for the presence of exhaled carbon dioxide unless precluded or invalidated by the nature of the patient, procedure, or equipment.”

for sedation? i remember vaguely that it is not, but i'm too lazy to look it up.

Yes it is.

"During moderate or deep sedation the adequacy of ventilation shall be evaluated by continual observation of qualitative clinical signs and monitoring for the presence of exhaled carbon dioxide unless precluded or invalidated by the nature of the patient, procedure, or equipment."

Members don't see this ad :)
mod to deep doesn't include conscious sedation?
just asking for curiosity
i always use EtCO2

If you look at the site, the sentence before the one I quoted was about standards for regional or local with NO sedation. And then they talk about moderate or deep. No mention of conscious sedation, so personally, I'd lump that into moderate, which is the lowest level (above none) they speak of.