qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2002
Planet of the cows
Status
I was just thinking about MCAT scores and it occurred to me that it might be better to get an absurdly low score (say, a 2) rather than a averaigeish score (7 or 8).

Cause with a 2, you can say "I was getting 12's on my practice tests, but I misbubbled," which is fairly believable, whereas with a 7, you just look bad in that subject.

Thoughts?

K

kgal16

in my opinion
getting a 2 is better
only cuz it will motivate u to study more

in terms of adcom
yes they may believe that u misbubbled
but they still will have no idea whether or not
u would have gotten a 7 or a 13 on the section
so it can go either way... NO??

ucdbiochem

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2002
Visit site
Status
yeah, i think a 2 is better based on your reasoning.
but how could you manage to get a 2 instead of a 7?

About the Ads

barakutha

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2002
Visit site
Status
keep in mind all your answer sheets are seperate, so you would have to make a 'bubbling mistake' on all three. AdComs may see you as incompetent at best.

Dr. Wall$treet

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2002
Phoenix
Visit site
Status
i dont see anything wrong with an 8, especially on verbal, i have talked to a ton of smart poeple who have gotten 8s on verbal. id say maybe better than a 6 but not an 8.. thats a solid score on verb especially

OP
Q

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2002
Planet of the cows
Status
Originally posted by barakutha
keep in mind all your answer sheets are seperate, so you would have to make a 'bubbling mistake' on all three. AdComs may see you as incompetent at best.
I mean per section. A 10-10-1 may be better than a 10-10-6 b/c adcoms may believe you could have made a 10-10-10. But if you were just really bad at verbal and knew you couldn;t score higher than a 6 no matter how hard you tried, perhaps you should just shoot for a 1

About the Ads