Is getting a 1-3 MCAT score better than getting a 6-8?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about MCAT scores and it occurred to me that it might be better to get an absurdly low score (say, a 2) rather than a averaigeish score (7 or 8).

Cause with a 2, you can say "I was getting 12's on my practice tests, but I misbubbled," which is fairly believable, whereas with a 7, you just look bad in that subject.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

in my opinion
getting a 2 is better
only cuz it will motivate u to study more

in terms of adcom
yes they may believe that u misbubbled
but they still will have no idea whether or not
u would have gotten a 7 or a 13 on the section
so it can go either way... NO??

yeah, i think a 2 is better based on your reasoning.
but how could you manage to get a 2 instead of a 7?

Members don't see this ad :)
keep in mind all your answer sheets are seperate, so you would have to make a 'bubbling mistake' on all three. AdComs may see you as incompetent at best.

i dont see anything wrong with an 8, especially on verbal, i have talked to a ton of smart poeple who have gotten 8s on verbal. id say maybe better than a 6 but not an 8.. thats a solid score on verb especially

Originally posted by barakutha
keep in mind all your answer sheets are seperate, so you would have to make a 'bubbling mistake' on all three. AdComs may see you as incompetent at best.

I mean per section. A 10-10-1 may be better than a 10-10-6 b/c adcoms may believe you could have made a 10-10-10. But if you were just really bad at verbal and knew you couldn;t score higher than a 6 no matter how hard you tried, perhaps you should just shoot for a 1