Is getting an online MBA worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krispykreem

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if it is worth it in general. I am planning to get an MD and a PhD from a combined MD/PhD program, but I might snag up an MBA during my two gap years b/w undergrad and starting md/phd program. just wondering if it's worth it if I want to go into private practice dermatology. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

An online MBA would be a waste of your time and money regardless of what you end up doing. Also a PhD is a waste of time if you're trying to go into private practice dermatology. Please do us a favor and don't waste a position in an MD/PhD program that is meant for a physician-SCIENTIST.

An online MBA would be a waste of your time and money regardless of what you end up doing. Also a PhD is a waste of time if you're trying to go into private practice dermatology. Please do us a favor and don't waste a position in an MD/PhD program that is meant for a physician-SCIENTIST.
I am just contemplating back up options in case I don't get a career in research, since I know how competitive it is.