Is getting an online MBA worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

krispykreem

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering if it is worth it in general. I am planning to get an MD and a PhD from a combined MD/PhD program, but I might snag up an MBA during my two gap years b/w undergrad and starting md/phd program. just wondering if it's worth it if I want to go into private practice dermatology. thanks.
 
An online MBA would be a waste of your time and money regardless of what you end up doing. Also a PhD is a waste of time if you're trying to go into private practice dermatology. Please do us a favor and don't waste a position in an MD/PhD program that is meant for a physician-SCIENTIST.
 
An online MBA would be a waste of your time and money regardless of what you end up doing. Also a PhD is a waste of time if you're trying to go into private practice dermatology. Please do us a favor and don't waste a position in an MD/PhD program that is meant for a physician-SCIENTIST.
I am just contemplating back up options in case I don't get a career in research, since I know how competitive it is.