Is Google getting in on the Pathology game?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Napoleon1801

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hmm, this is an interesting ad from Pathology Outlines. Is Silicon Valley going to make their move on pathology soon?

Added 01 March 2021
CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO (USA). Verily, an Alphabet company, is seeking a Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Physician to join their oncology team. Candidates must have an MD or MD / PhD and board certification in AP or CP. Applicants must have a record of scientific contributions, including publications and conference presentations, 3 years of experience in postdoctoral oncology research and experience / training in Molecular or digital pathology. Candidates should have experience in CLIA lab certification and possess the ability to communicate effectively. link
Posted also under: informatics, molecular, research

Members don't see this ad.

Genomics is at the beginning of a technological boom which includes AI, etc. I hope we as pathologists take control of this area in medicine. All trainees should be well versed in Molecular pathology. I hope we don’t lose this to PhDs or what not.

Reactions: 1 user
Verily/Google has been working on digital pathology and molecular diagnostics for some time - not something new. They have also published stuff too. Would be a great opportunity for those that are research oriented and have experience in digital pathology.

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad to see LADoc finally posted his much anticipated job opening. It is well written like he said it would be.

Glad to see LADoc finally posted his much anticipated job opening. It is well written like he said it would be.

Thanks. Im having to step back from the slide game. Im moving into and exploring a variety of tech opportunities that have opened up as of late as well as continuing with building an independent molecular lab that Im completely self financing (...lesson: if FinTech people offer you 3m, take it, do not try to bootstrap start ups by yourself...).

I have a ton of contacts at Google and people have sent me that info but Im looking at smaller companies where I can obtain equity shares or preferred stock in lieu of income.

If SDN folks are interested in coming to my hood, PM me through this site. Im going to interview for the next 6 weeks or so and then select someone.

Sounds amazing, like semi-rural deluxe. If I had hemepath background I'd be all over that. There seems to be a LOT of hemepath demand in the job market right now, is that because hemepath has just become too complicated for the typical generalist?

Sounds amazing, like semi-rural deluxe. If I had hemepath background I'd be all over that. There seems to be a LOT of hemepath demand in the job market right now, is that because hemepath has just become too complicated for the typical generalist?

Hemepath expertise is one of things you need onsite due to acuity level. A leukemia on a Friday cant go to a consultant in time where a GI biopsy, derm case etc you have plenty of time to send out for expert opinion.

Im definitely not requiring Hemepath at all, just would help me a bit more if the person had an ability to shoulder some of it.

Overall though, this is a culture and personality fit above all else. I do consider this to be one of the best opportunities out there right now, not just because you are gonna land in a perfectly polished machine of a lab overlooking a million dollar meditation garden, while going for massages/facials at 2pm each day more reminiscent of a resort than a healthcare facility but because the current business lines Im pulling together are truly next level.

Of course I will probably die of a heart attack from doing too much very soon without another body to help with the daily glass...Ive literally burnt through my entire rolodex of contacts with no good leads.

Last edited:

Maybe hemepath is today but I was a generalist and did it all. Retired 2013.

Hemepath expertise is one of things you need onsite due to acuity level. A leukemia on a Friday cant go to a consultant in time where a GI biopsy, derm case etc you have plenty of time to send out for expert opinion.

Im definitely not requiring Hemepath at all, just would help me a bit more if the person had an ability to shoulder some of it.

Overall though, this is a culture and personality fit above all else. I do consider this to be one of the best opportunities out there right now, not just because you are gonna land in a perfectly polished machine of a lab overlooking a million dollar meditation garden, while going for massages/facials at 2pm each day more reminiscent of a resort than a healthcare facility but because the current business lines Im pulling together are truly next level.

Of course I will probably die of a heart attack from doing too much very soon without another body to help with the daily glass...Ive literally burnt through my entire rolodex of contacts with no good leads.

Problem is, you gotta be in Crazy California. The land of Nancy, Gavin and a SLEW of leftist whack jobs ( and i am a centrist/libertarian.)

Problem is, you gotta be in Crazy California. The land of Nancy, Gavin and a SLEW of leftist whack jobs ( and i am a centrist/libertarian.)

I cant argue with this, but on the same hand cant surrender my ancestral homeland completely.

Is it that bad that applicants now create listings on pathology outlines for a job.....?

AP/CP Board Certified Dermatopathologist Looking for a New Opportunity​

SOUTHERN REGIONS (USA). A dermatopathologist with a background subspecialty and board certification in anatomical and clinical pathology is looking for a new opportunity. Subspecialty fellowship certification in surgical pathology.

Main area of current practice is in dermatopathology. A very dedicated pathologist with a focus on high-quality patient care especially for dermatologists. Worked entirely for dermatologists in the current work environment. Good rapport with dermatologists and dermatological experienced health care providers such as plastic surgeons, Mohs surgeons, and healthcare providers who are dedicated in the dermatology field. 10 years experience in dermatopathology and unique experience as Dermatopathology laboratory director as well as in laboratory management, administration and build up. Has worked in anatomic and clinical pathology, and as an assistant professor in the academic sector.

Geographic preference to the southern regions of the US and have an active medical license to practice in California, Florida, Missouri, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.

Telephone: (224) 232-8232

[15 March 2021, #10472]

Is it that bad that applicants now create listings on pathology outlines for a job.....?

AP/CP Board Certified Dermatopathologist Looking for a New Opportunity​

SOUTHERN REGIONS (USA). A dermatopathologist with a background subspecialty and board certification in anatomical and clinical pathology is looking for a new opportunity. Subspecialty fellowship certification in surgical pathology.

Main area of current practice is in dermatopathology. A very dedicated pathologist with a focus on high-quality patient care especially for dermatologists. Worked entirely for dermatologists in the current work environment. Good rapport with dermatologists and dermatological experienced health care providers such as plastic surgeons, Mohs surgeons, and healthcare providers who are dedicated in the dermatology field. 10 years experience in dermatopathology and unique experience as Dermatopathology laboratory director as well as in laboratory management, administration and build up. Has worked in anatomic and clinical pathology, and as an assistant professor in the academic sector.

Geographic preference to the southern regions of the US and have an active medical license to practice in California, Florida, Missouri, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.

Telephone: (224) 232-8232

[15 March 2021, #10472]

I have seen this happen for years. Not a dermpath. In MY
experience, many of these folks are kinda chronically unemployed, marginally employed, etc. all for a good reason. Just MY experience.