• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Is it a problem if I don't have my second SLOE until late October or early November?

tdod

7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2011
  1. Medical Student
I am applying in the crazy COVID cycle, with ERAS not even begninning the review process until 10/21. I will have my first SLOE ready in September, but currently won't have my second SLOE until at or after 10/30 (the end date of my second EM rotation). Will this hurt it me or will it be ok?

Thanks!

Last edited:

hihimedmed

5+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2015
My school is following the recommendations that were just released by the AAMC, and they won't even be letting us go on aways to get a 2nd or 3rd SLOE since we have a home EM program. I am thinking that if my school is doing this, then other schools will be following suit.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

ThreadStalker

Runnin' up on ya, I ain't gonna warn ya
7+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2011
IRL
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have heard my program is on the verge of cancelling all student rotations this year, so I presume many others are considering it as well. If that's the case, most students will not have multiple (or possibly any) SLOEs. I doubt it will matter much, if at all.

Also, good luck with interviews and the match. It's a stressful time. Be sure to take care of yourself!

Reactions: 1 users

gamerEMdoc

Program Director; Former Clerkship Director
5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2016
  1. Attending Physician
Yeah a tons of unknowns. I think programs and students alike will both favor the known over the unknown this year, especially with video interviews. I forsee match classes that are heavily populated by people that rotated. Programs will want known candidates. Candidates will want a hospital they’ve been to and seen over places they did a short online interview at. I think unless in-person interviews happen, this will be the case. We’ll see lots of apps with one, or at most 2, sloes. There will be some with none.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.