Is it a problem if I don't have my second SLOE until late October or early November?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tdod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying in the crazy COVID cycle, with ERAS not even begninning the review process until 10/21. I will have my first SLOE ready in September, but currently won't have my second SLOE until at or after 10/30 (the end date of my second EM rotation). Will this hurt it me or will it be ok?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My school is following the recommendations that were just released by the AAMC, and they won't even be letting us go on aways to get a 2nd or 3rd SLOE since we have a home EM program. I am thinking that if my school is doing this, then other schools will be following suit.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard my program is on the verge of cancelling all student rotations this year, so I presume many others are considering it as well. If that's the case, most students will not have multiple (or possibly any) SLOEs. I doubt it will matter much, if at all.

Also, good luck with interviews and the match. It's a stressful time. Be sure to take care of yourself!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah a tons of unknowns. I think programs and students alike will both favor the known over the unknown this year, especially with video interviews. I forsee match classes that are heavily populated by people that rotated. Programs will want known candidates. Candidates will want a hospital they’ve been to and seen over places they did a short online interview at. I think unless in-person interviews happen, this will be the case. We’ll see lots of apps with one, or at most 2, sloes. There will be some with none.

Reactions: 1 user