Is it bad not to do a neuro clerkship?

Started by soundnin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

soundnin

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For someone interested in PM&R. Neuro is not required at my school and given my schedule for M3 year I can't do neuro this year. As long as I do a PM&R elective and 1 or 2 aways, is it bad not to have done neuro?
 
You have to do a neuro clerkship.
This isn't just a matter of checking boxes.
If you skip a neuro clerkship, you're going to miss things that are indispensable to the practice of PM&R.
 
You have to do a neuro clerkship.
This isn't just a matter of checking boxes.
If you skip a neuro clerkship, you're going to miss things that are indispensable to the practice of PM&R.

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought. I just wanted to confirm if I could only schedule 3 out of the following 4 things - neuro clerkship, PM&R elective, 2 aways - it should be neuro clerkship, PM&R elective, and 1 away.
 
You do not. Starting as a PGY-2 you will be on equal footing in terms of neuro knowledge with PGY-2s in neurology. You will both have very little. However, I won’t dissuade you from doing a neurology clerkship if that is something you are really interested in.