is it better to reapply the following june

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckylee3

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
or wait a year to apply. for example, if i applied this june, should i try to improve my app as much as possible from now til next june to apply or make everything as best as possible and apply june 2015? my gpa is 3.66/3.52 sgpa, mcat 27. ec are typical. lor are average. i dont know what else to improve other than mcat and more shadowing hours. please help :(

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see a need for a gap year. Just get that MCAT >30 for MD schools, or apply now for DO programs.

or wait a year to apply. for example, if i applied this june, should i try to improve my app as much as possible from now til next june to apply or make everything as best as possible and apply june 2015? my gpa is 3.66/3.52 sgpa, mcat 27. ec are typical. lor are average. i dont know what else to improve other than mcat and more shadowing hours. please help :(

So you already applied for this cycle? I'd say wait and see what happens, you might still get accepted. If not plan to re-apply in the coming June for the 2014 cycle. You don't need two extra years of waiting. That's just my opinion though.

plan to retake the MCAT before you reapply. If you can get your score up significantly, then reapply in june. If not, take a gap year.