Is it considered late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bishoy20

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, iam a bio major with a 3.85 CGPA and 3.86 SGPA & Iam graduating this may. I am applying to dental schools this summer and I have taken The DAT before and got 17AA, 17TS, 17PAT. I have over seven month of shadowing so far and I am planning to take the DAT again by July 23rd but I am wondering if my application would be considered late and what are my chances if I get 21 AA/PAT

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, iam a bio major with a 3.85 CGPA and 3.86 SGPA & Iam graduating this may. I am applying to dental schools this summer and I have taken The DAT before and got 17AA, 17TS, 17PAT. I have over seven month of shadowing so far and I am planning to take the DAT again by July 23rd but I am wondering if my application would be considered late and what are my chances if I get 21 AA/PAT

get a 20+ and you'll be set. heck with that gpa even a 19 would suffice

Members don't see this ad :)
With those stats u would be ok with 19 aa

Misspelled stats *
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

get a 20+ and you'll be set. heck with that gpa even a 19 would suffice

Wife made into dental school with 19 but then her GPA was 4.0. Dental shadowing of course helps a lot but if you had time and energy, I would suggest improving the DAT especially if you are applying to limited number of schools

Thanks alot for the encouraging responses but I am wondering too if taking the DAT on July 23rd is considered late

It's not early. Your application won't be complete until first week of August assuming everything else in your application was completed. Early August may not be bad since you have a high GPA and assuming you can net a solid DAT score. Take the DAT when you're ready, not worth it to compromise your score potentially to get it done a few weeks earlier.

It's not early. Your application won't be complete until first week of August assuming everything else in your application was completed. Early August may not be bad since you have a high GPA and assuming you can net a solid DAT score. Take the DAT when you're ready, not worth it to compromise your score potentially to get it done a few weeks earlier.

But is too late though or good enough?

Last edited:
I think I wouldn't be considered in the first patch

I don't know how late is that, does anyone know when they start sending for interviews anyways

I heard that they start looking at the applications by the end of July so they begin sending for interviews by the first week of August