Is it even an option to send another LOR with LOIntent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AHopefulApplicant

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope your cycle is going well!

I recently interviewed at a MD program I really do like. I got good verbal feedback and encouragement from my faculty interviewer as well. It was my one and only II so far. I’m still hoping for more II (some in state Ohio schools send them very late historically and OOS schools that haven’t rejected me yet are reach schools). However, I would be more than happy to attend the one I interviewed at if accepted (decision time should be end of March).

My strategy now is if no more II by end of Feb, I will send letter of intent. I also have a new meaningful connection with a established local doctor working as CRC for him. Is it unheard of to have him send in a recommendation directly to adcom email when I send in my intent? He has no connection with that school whatsoever, but he does think highly of me.

Appreciate any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you will find that the deadline for supporting documents such as secondary essays and letters of recommendation is in the past.

Thanks for pointing it out. I guess I’ll combine this updated experience with my intent letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, hope your cycle is going well!

I recently interviewed at a MD program I really do like. I got good verbal feedback and encouragement from my faculty interviewer as well. It was my one and only II so far. I’m still hoping for more II (some in state Ohio schools send them very late historically and OOS schools that haven’t rejected me yet are reach schools). However, I would be more than happy to attend the one I interviewed at if accepted (decision time should be end of March).

My strategy now is if no more II by end of Feb, I will send letter of intent. I also have a new meaningful connection with a established local doctor working as CRC for him. Is it unheard of to have him send in a recommendation directly to adcom email when I send in my intent? He has no connection with that school whatsoever, but he does think highly of me.

Appreciate any advice!
The additional LOR isn't going to help you unless it is associated with a significant update in your application. However, you interviewed very recently, so it's not really going to matter so much. If you racked up 200 hours with the new contact, I may consider it, but it can't just be "new". I'd bank it just in case you need to reapply.

When will the MD program send you a decision?

Reactions: 1 user
The additional LOR isn't going to help you unless it is associated with a significant update in your application. However, you interviewed very recently, so it's not really going to matter so much. If you racked up 200 hours with the new contact, I may consider it, but it can't just be "new". I'd bank it just in case you need to reapply.

When will the MD program send you a decision?

Thank you very much for your input. It is expected at end of Mar/beginning of Apr. I think putting this experience as a significant update in a letter of intent may work out, and I consider saving this LOR just in case another cycle is needed.