Is it fine if I take my lab classes later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZeroTouchMeNot

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So next semester, I'll be taking Bio II but I don't want to take the lab portion together with it (it's offered separately in my school). I plan on taking it senior year, since I don't like labs. Will this be fine with AOs?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see why not. Fit your requirements in where you can, do well on them, and you should be fine. Take labs later than lecture is an advantage since you'll essentially be going over all of the material you've already digested. It makes lab more fun and less stressful to even understand the concepts of what you're applying, IMHO.

You just have to do them prior to matriculation. Make sure you list them on your application As future courses .

Just to add to this, a few schools are requiring earlier dates such as June or even beginning of the matriculation year so it is a good idea to check schools specifically on this
Assuming I'll be taking a gap year, I shouldn't have any worries regarding this, right?

Reactions: 1 user