eye4eye

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2005
Status
Hi,
Is it impolite to ask coordinators whom we shall be interviewing with? Do they know beforehand or is it kind of privileged information? Otherwise how do we know whom we are dealing with, their specialties etc? The programs I shall be interviewing with haven't sent me anything more than basic hotel info and some sort of event calendar for the day!

odieoh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
www.cubs.com
Status
Attending Physician
Hi,
Is it impolite to ask coordinators whom we shall be interviewing with? Do they know beforehand or is it kind of privileged information? Otherwise how do we know whom we are dealing with, their specialties etc? The programs I shall be interviewing with haven't sent me anything more than basic hotel info and some sort of event calendar for the day!
Most programs have a list of faculty and a blurb about them on their website. I just printed it all off and took it with me and read them all over and picked one thing about each faculty that I might be able to bring up about them/their research/their background etc. Then on interview day you should get some kind of schedule of who you interview with. You can have that printout with you and just review over each one and remember the one thing about them you want to talk about. Its a fairly easy way to show you are interested in them and have done some research about the program.

JMK2005

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Hi,
It's not privileged information, but I wouldn't ask the coordinator for a list. Interview season is busy enough and you don't want to add on the extra stress.

Odieoh's advise is spot on. Look over their website and pick out interesting things about the department or particular faculty members. If they've taken time to promote it on their website, obviously they are proud of it and happy to know you are aware of it as well.