Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Is it impossible for me to get into med school?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by jellybloop, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. jellybloop

jellybloop

Pre-Medical
    I am a freshman and my first semester, I got a B in chem, C in bio and an F in calc..
    This semester, I am retaking calculus (probably going to be getting a B), and I got a D in bio, and I am probably getting a C in chemistry..
    I know I basically failed my freshman year, but going into medical school is something I have wanted to do since I was 5, no exaggerations there.
    If I retook Bio 2 my sophomore year, and I just didn't double up on sciences (huge mistake..) and I got an A, would that make up for it? Along with me getting a B+/A in physics and orgo?
    I am planning on changing my study habits, along with getting a head start and start studying the information now in the summer.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lmn

lmn 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No you aren't out, a good number of people flop their freshmen year, just don't repeat the mistake and turn your trend into one of high success and you'll be able to recover.

4. Ismet

Ismet PGY-fun SDN Administrator 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Verified
    Physician
    moving to WAMC forum

5. jellybloop

jellybloop

Pre-Medical
    I'm sorry! I only recently found this website and created an account, so I do not really know the forums..

6. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    You're going to need to ace everything from now on to show that this year was a fluke.

About the ads