1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Is it impossible for me to get into med school?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by jellybloop, May 14, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. jellybloop

jellybloop

May 14, 2014
    I am a freshman and my first semester, I got a B in chem, C in bio and an F in calc..
    This semester, I am retaking calculus (probably going to be getting a B), and I got a D in bio, and I am probably getting a C in chemistry..
    I know I basically failed my freshman year, but going into medical school is something I have wanted to do since I was 5, no exaggerations there.
    If I retook Bio 2 my sophomore year, and I just didn't double up on sciences (huge mistake..) and I got an A, would that make up for it? Along with me getting a B+/A in physics and orgo?
    I am planning on changing my study habits, along with getting a head start and start studying the information now in the summer.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lmn

lmn 2+ Year Member

Dec 18, 2013
    No you aren't out, a good number of people flop their freshmen year, just don't repeat the mistake and turn your trend into one of high success and you'll be able to recover.

4. Ismet

Ismet PGY-fun! SDN Administrator 5+ Year Member

May 15, 2011
    Physician
    moving to WAMC forum

5. jellybloop

jellybloop

May 14, 2014
    I'm sorry! I only recently found this website and created an account, so I do not really know the forums..

6. Goro

Goro 7+ Year Member

You're going to need to ace everything from now on to show that this year was a fluke.