Is it impossible for me to get into med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jellybloop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a freshman and my first semester, I got a B in chem, C in bio and an F in calc..
This semester, I am retaking calculus (probably going to be getting a B), and I got a D in bio, and I am probably getting a C in chemistry..
I know I basically failed my freshman year, but going into medical school is something I have wanted to do since I was 5, no exaggerations there.
If I retook Bio 2 my sophomore year, and I just didn't double up on sciences (huge mistake..) and I got an A, would that make up for it? Along with me getting a B+/A in physics and orgo?
I am planning on changing my study habits, along with getting a head start and start studying the information now in the summer.

Members don't see this ad.

No you aren't out, a good number of people flop their freshmen year, just don't repeat the mistake and turn your trend into one of high success and you'll be able to recover.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're going to need to ace everything from now on to show that this year was a fluke.

I am a freshman and my first semester, I got a B in chem, C in bio and an F in calc..
This semester, I am retaking calculus (probably going to be getting a B), and I got a D in bio, and I am probably getting a C in chemistry..
I know I basically failed my freshman year, but going into medical school is something I have wanted to do since I was 5, no exaggerations there.
If I retook Bio 2 my sophomore year, and I just didn't double up on sciences (huge mistake..) and I got an A, would that make up for it? Along with me getting a B+/A in physics and orgo?
I am planning on changing my study habits, along with getting a head start and start studying the information now in the summer.