Is it innate ability or is it learned?

Started by drboris
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drboris

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys,

I will be a 2nd year in 3 weeks and am sort of interested in radiology. I am concerned that I might not naturally be good at it. My thing is this: I remember things visually and organize it in my head visually or in order, however I am not that great with spatial/visual perception of new things. Is reading films more of a learned skill, or is it more of a talent (like mechanical aptitude for example).

I know I shouldn't be able to read any films yet, but I wanted to hear advice from anybody who has been in my shoes.

Thanks