Is it just me or are some Carribean medical students plain delusional?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CtIKMYf.jpg

If you feel like stabbing yourself;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/20-beautiful-women/why-us-healthcare-system-_b_9632948.html
Was that not meant to be satire? o_O

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
"I think Caribbean grads should be treated the same as US grads because because of the primary care shortage. Also, despite the fact that ortho and urology are arguably the most competitive fields to match into no matter where you attend medical school, I should be allowed to do those anyway. Also, I'm a woman and women are underrepresented in ortho and urology , I should be allowed into these stupidly competitive fields based on my genitalia as well."

The whole article reads like she knows she's not going to be able to match something ridiculous that no one is ever really guaranteed no matter where you go but wants to blame extrinsic factors.

Dear OP, let them dream. It doesn't affect you. They might prove you wrong..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
typical entitled millenial. she must be feelin the bern.

Reactions: 16 users
The amount of incorrect information thrown about in that garbage is amazing, to say nothing about her entitled victim attitude that oozes off the page. And I say this as a woman who tried to get into ortho residency.
Yeah I almost died when I read about how USMLE scores shouldn't matter for women in trying to apply to ortho. I was like, wait that's just delusional, the fact is for any specialty, you need to meet at least some baseline step 1 score for that specialty, and as an FMG you'd better ace the thing. Even then...

Reactions: 3 users
typical entitled millenial. she must be feelin the bern.

More a former BA student who didn't plan for the future and has some narcissistic traits regarding her abilities as both a writer and clinician.

Unless that's what millenials are in a nutshell, in which case +1.

Honestly, I'd be more offended my school/hospital sold out to a carrib school and allowed students to rotate there possibly causing over-saturation. If they are aways'; please disregard.

Anyways, anyone know where you can buy a book on how to become a "wizard of the wards?" Asking for a friend who wants to match in Neurosurgery.

Reactions: 7 users
Honestly, I'd be more offended my school/hospital sold out to a carrib school and allowed students to rotate there possibly causing over-saturation. If they are aways'; please disregard.

Anyways, anyone know where you can buy a book on how to become a "wizard of the wards?" Asking for a friend who wants to match in Neurosurgery.
You have to attend the Hogwarts of the Caribbean.

Reactions: 21 users
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/20-beautiful-women/bones-are-a-girls-best-fr_b_9377266.html
^^ There she talks about how PDs should give preference to women in orthopedic surgery residency programs

Yeeesh this may be even worse than her Carribean article. Let's break it down bit by bit:

1. "Though, I am little, I am fierce."

Literally couldn't make it one word without a mistake. Why on Earth is there a comma after "though"? UCLA, please rescind her English degree.

2. "No, I was the girl strutting air Nike’s"

Probably a lie, as anybody who actually strutted those shoes knows they would be called either "Nike Airs" or "Air Jordans", depending on which specific model she had, and not whatever "air Nike's" are. Shoutout to her for not capitalizing "air" and adding an incorrect apostrophe to "Nikes", though.

3. "women are intimidated to even apply to this field because of the misogynistic, stereotypically belief that women aren’t stronger than men."

Oh God, now we're really getting into the garbage. Notice that she doesn't claim that women are as strong as men, but that they are actually stronger. And if you don't believe that women are stronger than men, you're such a misogynist. LOL.

4. "Growing up in high school on the Track and Field team, I was the girl on the field, running with Jumpman Air Jordan’s"

Yet again, sounds like she's just making all this up. She was the girl on the field, yet she was running; events "on the field" are things such as shot put, discus, etc. where you are not running. Track is where you run. These may seem nitpicky, but really, this is not how someone who actually did these things would refer to it, especially in a "professional" article on a website as illustrious as Huffington Post.

5. "I put poor Rudy to shame in front of all of his friends and smoked him in the 400 meter race. I no longer ran the field with basketball shoes. This day, I proved that women are tougher, stronger, faster, quicker, and better than men."

Yes, a 400 meter race against Rudy definitively proved all that. I hope she doesn't become a practicing physician of any type, let alone an orthopedic surgeon. The critical reasoning skills she displays here suggest she would not provide the most ideal outcomes for her patients.

6. "I not only proved that women are stronger than men but that we as a species are equipped to be in the same ring and to play on the same field as men."

This reads like something from the personal statement of a student with a 2.0 GPA who doesn't get an interview anywhere legitimate. Which, you know, considering she's in the Caribbean, may be exactly correct.

7. "Today, only few women apply to Orthopedic Surgery residencies and the statistic is so low because they essentially fear not only a room full of men but a place where their bosses and peers are men as well, immensely leaving the contraindication of diversity."

Okay, either she's such a literary genius that my meager level of intelligence is insufficient to comprehend her majestic works, or she writes like a 7th grader throwing in words they found in a thesaurus and don't understand in a futile attempt to sound impressive. "Immensely leaving the contraindication of diversity"............what on Earth is that even supposed to mean? That's literally nonsense.

8. "What medical school you came from or USMLE Board Scores should not deter a woman from applying nor the concept that men are more capable in this field."

Ignoring the fact that, yes, low board scores at a Caribbean med school should definitely deter you from applying ortho, she should have written this as something like: "what medical school you came from or your USMLE board scores should not deter a woman from applying, and we should abolish the misconception that men are more capable in this field." As she currently has it written, it is, once again, illegible nonsense.

I know there are some Caribbean grads out there who are perfectly competent doctors. Some of them should get in touch with this Wizard of the Wards and let her know she's a terrible public face for them and that her attempts to bolster acceptance of Caribbean med schools are very successfully accomplishing the exact opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52 users
Yeeesh this may be even worse than her Carribean article. Let's break it down bit by bit:

1. "Though, I am little, I am fierce."

Literally couldn't make it one word without a mistake. Why on Earth is there a comma after "though"? UCLA, please rescind her English degree.

2. "No, I was the girl strutting air Nike’s"

Probably a lie, as anybody who actually strutted those shoes knows they would be called either "Nike Airs" or "Air Jordans", depending on which specific model she had, and not whatever "air Nike's" are. Shoutout to her for not capitalizing "air" and adding an incorrect apostrophe to "Nikes", though.

3. "women are intimidated to even apply to this field because of the misogynistic, stereotypically belief that women aren’t stronger than men."

Oh God, now we're really getting into the garbage. Notice that she doesn't claim that women are as strong as men, but that they are actually stronger. And if you don't believe that women are stronger than men, you're such a misogynist. LOL.

4. "Growing up in high school on the Track and Field team, I was the girl on the field, running with Jumpman Air Jordan’s"

Yet again, sounds like she's just making all this up. She was the girl on the field, yet she was running; events "on the field" are things such as shot put, discus, etc. where you are not running. Track is where you run. These may seem nitpicky, but really, this is not how someone who actually did these things would refer to it, especially in a "professional" article on a website as illustrious as Huffington Post.

5. "I put poor Rudy to shame in front of all of his friends and smoked him in the 400 meter race. I no longer ran the field with basketball shoes. This day, I proved that women are tougher, stronger, faster, quicker, and better than men."

Yes, a 400 meter race against Rudy definitively proved all that. I hope she doesn't become a practicing physician of any type, let alone an orthopedic surgeon. The critical reasoning skills she displays here suggest she would not provide the most ideal outcomes for her patients.

6. "I not only proved that women are stronger than men but that we as a species are equipped to be in the same ring and to play on the same field as men."

This reads like something from the personal statement of a student with a 2.0 GPA who doesn't get an interview anywhere legitimate. Which, you know, considering she's in the Caribbean, may be exactly correct.

7. "Today, only few women apply to Orthopedic Surgery residencies and the statistic is so low because they essentially fear not only a room full of men but a place where their bosses and peers are men as well, immensely leaving the contraindication of diversity."

Okay, either she's such a literary genius that my meager level of intelligence is insufficient to comprehend her majestic works, or she writes like a 7th grader throwing in words they found in a thesaurus and don't understand in a futile attempt to sound impressive. "Immensely leaving the contraindication of diversity"............what on Earth is that even supposed to mean? That's literally nonsense.

8. "What medical school you came from or USMLE Board Scores should not deter a woman from applying nor the concept that men are more capable in this field."

Ignoring the fact that, yes, low board scores at a Caribbean med school should definitely deter you from applying ortho, she should have written this as something like: "what medical school you came from or your USMLE board scores should not deter a woman from applying, and we should abolish the misconception that men are more capable in this field." As she currently as it written, it is, once again, illegible nonsense.

I know there are some Caribbean grads out there who are perfectly competent doctors. Some of them should get in touch with this Wizard of the Wards and let her know she's a terrible public face for them and that her attempts to bolster acceptance of Caribbean med schools are very successfully accomplishing the exact opposite.

Im a woman in ortho. I think. Actually now im just confused.

Annnnnnnd next there will be an article on how unfair match is and how people who didnt match the first time should be treated the same as those who did.

Reactions: 4 users
Why the heck do you even care, OP? Must not have a lot going on...

Members don't see this ad :)
She eschewed a post-bacc acceptance to attend SGU... "to save money"... wow.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm pretty sure she hasn't even started medical school according to her twitter

Salty much? Making a single post on one's curiosity is not at all difficult.
Uh what does my status have anything to do with anything lol? FYI I'll be going to an US allopathic school but thanks! Just seems like a silly thing to care about, but whatever floats your boat, m8 ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Glad I'm not the only other person ^

She has like a dozen or more published articles online. I wish SDNers would read and critique them. I could watch this girl get dragged over the coals all day

Reactions: 6 users
Uh what does my status have anything to do with anything lol? FYI I'll be going to an allopathic school but thanks! Just seems like a silly thing to care about, but whatever floats your boat, m8 ;)

Because you won't understand until you happen to be on the floors with delusional IMG gunners. I'm lucky to have rotated with mostly chill SGU students, but my classmates have their horror stories.

Because you won't understand until you happen to be on the floors with delusional IMG gunners. I'm lucky to have rotated with mostly chill SGU students, but my classmates have their horror stories.

I haven't experienced this yet since I'm still pre-clinical, but M3s &M4s tell us about the crazy crap they see from some IMG students.

She's gotta be on SDN, right? This thread could become an all-timer if she makes an appearance.

Reactions: 16 users
She's gotta be on SDN, right? This thread could become an all-timer if she makes an appearance.

You think she'd rear her ugly head? I've ripped into men twice as strong as her and I'm not even top third of mean posters.

She may not do ortho or anything but she'll get FM, IM, Peds, or Psych in a shiesty area. She'll match eventually (if she decides to apply to such programs) and go on with life and occasionally get to do paid talks about the wonderful world of Caribbean schools and how supportive their school was and how she would do it all over again... her forced dialogue and lies will be very evident as she stands there in her JC-Penny pantsuit... legs nervously trembling as she struggles to fill her sentences with "ums" and "uhs" and "likes" while trying to explain the wonderful journey that was her Caribbean medical school. When she sits in her car at the end of the day, she'll slowly realize that she is selling dreams to hundreds of impressionable kids that came to listen to her speak and as she stares at herself in her BMW's vanity mirror, she'll slowly let a tear out, but not too many or else the expensive Mac product she applied earlier that day will smear. In a fit of emotional disgust and displeasure with where she is in life...she goes on a drunken rampage in the streets of Miami... and ends up assaulting an Uber driver and is recorded... and thus...

the cycle...

continues.

Last edited:
Reactions: 64 users
She may not do ortho or anything but she'll get FM, IM, Peds, or Psych in a shiesty area. She'll match eventually (if she decides to apply to such programs) and go on with life and occasionally get to do paid talks about the wonderful world of Caribbean schools and how supportive their school was and how she would do it all over again... her forced dialogue and lies will be very evident as she stands there in her JC-Penny pantsuit... legs nervously trembling as she struggles to fill her sentences with "ums" and "uhs" and "likes" while trying to explain the wonderful journey that was her Caribbean medical school. When she sits in her car at the end of the day, she'll slowly realize that she is selling dreams to hundreds of impressionable kids that came to listen to her speak and as she stares at herself in her BMW's vanity mirror, she'll slowly let a tear out, but not too many or else the expensive Mac product she applied earlier that day will smear. In a fit of emotional disgust and displeasure with where she is in life...she goes on a drunken rampage in the streets of Miami... and ends up assaulting an Uber driver and is recorded... and thus...

the cycle...

continues.
This is probably more deserving of a UCLA English degree

Reactions: 52 users

the cycle...

continues.
If she comes across half as cray in the interview she wont get in anywhere. Or if they google her...

the cycle...

continues.

Half the people on this thread won't get your references here haha. You are a genius, sir/madam.

But, seriously folks, she hasn't even started school yet according to her twitter sooooo let's see if she even goes beyond MSI before dictating her future.

Anjali ramkisoon, MD, most deceiving.

she trying to get some pity points by acting like a goody good shoe on these talk shows, come on

Anjali ramkisoon, MD, most deceiving.

she trying to get some pity points by acting like a goody good shoe on these talk shows, come on

I bring up her case quite a bit on here but let's be real though for a sec... people make mistakes but the best thing we can do is LEARN from others' mistakes. She should have stayed her ass at home and turned up at the cribbo.... especially being so close to the finish line and hitting that attending level. It's whatever though.. she comes from a wealthy family that I'm sure will put her to use somehow, whether that involves getting her hired elsewhere or taking care of mommy and daddy's business assets while getting her married off to some other rich Indian doc who's probably just as crazy as her, if not more.

Life goes on.

I agree with you though. It doesn't matter how much money you have, how "smart' you are, what car you drive, what clothes you wear... how you treat other people when they can do absolutely nothing for you tells all. Some people ain't built for this life. It is what it is.

I bring up her case quite a bit on here but let's be real though for a sec... people make mistakes but the best thing we can do is LEARN from others' mistakes. She should have stayed her ass at home and turned up at the cribbo.... especially being so close to the finish line and hitting that attending level. It's whatever though.. she comes from a wealthy family that I'm sure will put her to use somehow, whether that involves getting her hired elsewhere or taking care of mommy and daddy's business assets while getting her married off to some other rich Indian doc who's probably just as crazy as her, if not more.

Life goes on.

I agree with you though. It doesn't matter how much money you have, how "smart' you are, what car you drive, what clothes you wear... how you treat other people when they can do absolutely nothing for you tells all. Some people ain't built for this life. It is what it is.

Marrying a rich Indian doctor is not the be all and end all of the world you know.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 3 users
It's not up to you to point out the delusions of others, especially in the small position of power you hold right now. Check your privilege and let it go.

Whether OP points it out to these students or not, rest assured that the system will bluntly 'point it out' to them before long.

She represents herself as an MS3 at St George's on this website and graduating in 2018.
LINK NO LONGER VALID

She represents herself as an MS3 at St George's on this website and graduating in 2018.
LINK NO LONGER VALID

This reads like a linkedin page for an np. Areas of treatment: orthopedic surgery, emergency medicine LOL what a joke

Reactions: 11 users

the cycle...

continues.
"As the world turns" kept playing in my head as I read this post

Reactions: 2 users
She misquotes Shakespeare, uses trite tropes, and doesn't know how to properly cite her own work.

If My English degree were from UCLA, I'd ask for my money back. Doubly so if she never learned about conditional statements.

This reads like a linkedin page for an np. Areas of treatment: orthopedic surgery, emergency medicine LOL what a joke
Don't forget procedural dermatology, she doesn't want to be your average derm

Reactions: 9 users
LINK NO LONGER VALID

Her favorite medical journal, you ask? NEJM, of course :rolleyes:

What is the point of this other than to show she's grasping at straws from her time at UCLA 10 years ago and being Armenian...

Favorite quote: "I transported latinos for checkups."

Reactions: 11 users
Marrying a rich Indian doctor is not the be all and end all of the world you know.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I agree with you Auntyji, but many girls like her, atleast in my generation, are only concerned with married and status cause their mothers did the same thing.. atleast that's how it is in my neck of the woods. It's always the crazy ones who end up heading to the Caribbean for some reason. It's a vicious cycle I tell you.

LINK NO LONGER VALID

Wow. Quite the resume there. I'm sure PDs everywhere are gonna be fighting tooth and nail over this one!

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY ****!

HOT OFF THE PRESS YO. EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/downtown-miami/article73411022.html

“Jackson Health System is moving forward with the termination of Dr. Anjali Ramkissoon, a resident doctor. She is entitled to an appeal process,” the official statement reads."

Lol her apology seems so fake. Where did she go to medical school? Guess they didn't teach her anything about "do not harm" or professionalism for that matter.

Lol her apology seems so fake. Where did she go to medical school? Guess they didn't teach her anything about "do not harm" or professionalism for that matter.

The Caribbean.

I need @Goro in here to tell us all of the symptoms of a Carib applicant like my boo Anjlai has and you'll see why this type of behavior is what it is.

HOLY ****!

HOT OFF THE PRESS YO. EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/downtown-miami/article73411022.html

“Jackson Health System is moving forward with the termination of Dr. Anjali Ramkissoon, a resident doctor. She is entitled to an appeal process,” the official statement reads."

I know what she did was f'ed up and that video is appalling but man...that is a tough blow. Only months from being a practicing physician.