Is it just me or...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does there seem to be a decent amount of movement in medicine this year? I feel like I'm hearing about various medonc/radonc/surgeon etc colleagues switching jobs. Is there something in the air?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
People who are BC and 5+ yr of experience are moving on from driving for Vandy and are taking jobs close to a city. Got to open up the truck jobs for the young ones.

Reactions: 1 users
Yea this is def the case based on my experience. Probably due to a combination of things all triggered by the pandemic - people prioritizing being closer to friends and family as well as quality of life, and also financial ramifications of the pandemic on many practices.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think a lot of people have moved, physician or not. Especially out of large, coastal cities.

Across specialities, more physicians are now W2 employees and those are more likely to move on a short notice.
I do not see more than usual RadOnc turnover in my region (perhaps due to strict noncompete rules)

Last edited:
Does there seem to be a decent amount of movement in medicine this year? I feel like I'm hearing about various medonc/radonc/surgeon etc colleagues switching jobs. Is there something in the air?
I can't speak to other specialties, but movement in radonc in my region has been very, very minimal.