Is it just me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nondescriptive

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or are there a lot of people on here with sub 3.0 GPA that get accepted to pharmacy school?

I don't see a lot of people with such poor grades get accepting to MD or DDS programs(less than 5 percent).

How is it possible that a lot of students enter a doctorate program with such poor grades?

Members don't see this ad.

SDN Posters =/= the whole applicant pool

Chances are, a large majority of low GPA applicants don't get accepted the first time around. But a low GPA doesn't necessarily mean that a person is stupid. There can be both good and bad reasons why a person has a low GPA.

SDN Posters =/= the whole applicant pool

Chances are, a large majority of low GPA applicants don't get accepted the first time around. But a low GPA doesn't necessarily mean that a person is stupid. There can be both good and bad reasons why a person has a low GPA.

What this person said

Number of applicants: 1,000,000

Low GPA Rejected: 999,000
Low GPA accepted: 30
High GPA accepted: 970

30 people went and shared the good news on the forum. You see them, and you think WOW everyone (1,000,000) with low GPA were accepted when in reality, 999,000 of them were rejected, and they cried themselves to bed... instead of celebrating on the forum.

The high GPA gott accepted, and they come here but you don't pay attention to them because it's expected. Maybe 700 don't come at all because they don't care.

But becareful not to think 30/999,000 that made it is EVERYONE. It is only 0.00003% of everyone.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, definitely selection bias on these forums. Most high-GPA/high-performing applicants don't really bother with the pre-pharm forum, the most prolific posters tend to be those who a) searched for "GPA + pharmacy school" on google and b) want/need that support that commiserating provides.

What this person said

Number of applicants: 1,000,000

Low GPA Rejected: 999,000
Low GPA accepted: 30
High GPA accepted: 970

30 people went and shared the good news on the forum. You see them, and you think WOW everyone (1,000,000) with low GPA were accepted when in reality, 999,000 of them were rejected, and they cried themselves to bed... instead of celebrating on the forum.

The high GPA gott accepted, and they come here but you don't pay attention to them because it's expected. Maybe 700 don't come at all because they don't care.

But becareful not to think 30/999,000 that made it is EVERYONE. It is only 0.00003% of everyone.

Could you use real numbers instead of magical ones.

Look at some of these schools where the average GPA is 3.0-3.2. Thats quite a few people with low GPA, not just 30.

http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/admissions/Documents/Table 8.pdf

And some schools don't even consider PCAT score or considers a 50% or above. If you score a 50% tile on the MCAT of DAT you might as well forget it.

http://www.aacp.org/resources/stude...s/Documents/School Admission Requirements.pdf

Look at some of these schools where the average GPA is 3.0-3.2. Thats quite a few people with low GPA, not just 30.

http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/admissions/Documents/Table 8.pdf

And some schools don't even consider PCAT score or considers a 50% or above. If you score a 50% tile on the MCAT of DAT you might as well forget it.

http://www.aacp.org/resources/stude...s/Documents/School Admission Requirements.pdf

Hmmm

I consider 3.0-3.2 is still acceptable or competative. This is PharmCAS gpa here. There is a possibility that those students have gotten those GPA with the first try of their classes. Some of these people might actually have up to 3.3-3.6 GPA, and they were brought down because of PharmCAS's standardized GPA calculation technique. Whatever the GPAs are, probaly best to add .3+ extra point to it IMO.

And if you consider a population of students who applied, lets say 10,000, a rough estimate from the list, in relation to the complete pool of student universally, the Pharmacy school don't really have the luxury of choosing only candidates with high GPA.

Outside the 10,000 applicants who applied, I'm sure there might be another 10,000 with 3.8-4.4 GPA whose interests are in basic science like chemistry, biology, physics, engineer, and other non medical field like English.

Pharmacy schools have to let these other kids go because these students don't care about Pharmacy. Pharmcy schools then have to look at the ones who care. Back to the original 10,000 population who applied, if they were all robot AI, then they will all earn 4.0+... however, these are non-robot applicant so the phenominal of a pool of applicant with all high GPA is unrealistic.

If Pharmacy schools are lucky, they'll get a HANDFUL of high GPA applicants. So what's left? Applicants below the "high" threshold. You can just take the high GPA applicants and not admit anyone else. This will ensure only high GPA applicants get in. However, this would also result in a surplus of empty seats at the pharmacy school.

With high GPA candidates running out, what is left? the "lower" candidates. You either pick them, fill out your class seats, or reject them, have a surplus of seats.

If you were the schools, would you rather a reputation of HIGH GPA and low class enrollment? or GOOD GPA (3.0-3.2 you consider low) and full class enrollment?

Because IMO, they run out of the "good" ones to pick from, and they only have the "average" ones left, assuming we ignore all humane factor and only systematically judge a person based on a number, ofc.

So they probably do it your way OT, all high GPA people are picked... but they are FORCED to pick the lower one afterward too. This will mean that the GPA get averaged down to what you see on those lists.

It's probably normal to assume that there are low GPA applicants and an UNLIMITED number of HIGH GPA applicants, and some low applicants were preffered over the unlimited high GPA applicants; but this is not the case in reality IMO.

Last edited:

He was just trying to prove a point: that the number of people with sub-3.0 GPAs pales in comparison to the 3.0+ GPA individuals. For the most part, according to that table, the average for all schools seems to be hovering around a 3.3~3.4 or so.

I have a sub-3.0 GPA and I know just how difficult it would be for me to get into pharmacy school. I'm not stupid; I go to a cutthroat institution where I'm surrounded by people who are intellectually beyond me so I am stuck with getting C's and B's while putting out as much, or more, effort. I learn the stuff well, but my grades don't show it.

Is it just me or are there a lot of people on here with sub 3.0 GPA that get accepted to pharmacy school?

I don't see a lot of people with such poor grades get accepting to MD or DDS programs(less than 5 percent).

How is it possible that a lot of students enter a doctorate program with such poor grades?

While it's uncommon to get accepted to med school with a <3.0 GPA, it happens. And probably more frequently than you even think:

https://www.aamc.org/download/157450/data/table24-mcatgpagridall2008-10.pdf.pdf

Pharmacy school isn't as competitive as med school when you're just looking for an acceptance anywhere. The more established programs are pretty competitive, and some require GPAs >3.0 to apply. But as a whole, I don't think pharmacy school is as competitive for admissions. If med schools are accepting sub-3.0s, why wouldn't pharmacy schools? Clearly the AdComs think these students are qualified and capable despite their GPA.

I guess I don't get why you're so surprised. These schools have shown through their continued admission of sub-3.0 students that GPA alone isn't a sufficient predictor of success in their program. Honestly, why do you think schools, including med schools, accept these students? Is it difficult for you to accept that many of these students might actually be qualified in other ways, at least to AdComs? Of course, I'm sure some aren't able to handle the rigors of graduate-level education, but there is something the AdComs see in these students.

And I'm sure you're thinking, "But if a student can't get a 3.0 in undergrad, how the hell can they succeed in the rigors of graduate school?" And that's my point, apparently schools don't think undergraduate GPA is enough of a predictor of success at the graduate level.

As an individual with a sub-3.0 PharmCAS GPA, I'm clearly biased, but I don't think that invalidates my point.

Thoughts?

While it's uncommon to get accepted to med school with a <3.0 GPA, it happens. And probably more frequently than you even think:

https://www.aamc.org/download/157450/data/table24-mcatgpagridall2008-10.pdf.pdf

Pharmacy school isn't as competitive as med school when you're just looking for an acceptance anywhere. The more established programs are pretty competitive, and some require GPAs >3.0 to apply. But as a whole, I don't think pharmacy school is as competitive for admissions. If med schools are accepting sub-3.0s, why wouldn't pharmacy schools? Clearly the AdComs think these students are qualified and capable despite their GPA.

I guess I don't get why you're so surprised. These schools have shown through their continued admission of sub-3.0 students that GPA alone isn't a sufficient predictor of success in their program. Honestly, why do you think schools, including med schools, accept these students? Is it difficult for you to accept that many of these students might actually be qualified in other ways, at least to AdComs? Of course, I'm sure some aren't able to handle the rigors of graduate-level education, but there is something the AdComs see in these students.

And I'm sure you're thinking, "But if a student can't get a 3.0 in undergrad, how the hell can they succeed in the rigors of graduate school?" And that's my point, apparently schools don't think undergraduate GPA is enough of a predictor of success at the graduate level.

As an individual with a sub-3.0 PharmCAS GPA, I'm clearly biased, but I don't think that invalidates my point.

Thoughts?

Very excellent data you've provided there. This make me revise my hypothesis a bit.

There IS, infact, an "unlimited" (number of high GPA applicants necessary to fill out ALL seats of a class are available, and there are high GPA applicants remaining left who were not seated) pool of HIGH GPA applicants. The acceptance rate for the higher stats is SIGNIFICANTLY higher but is not absolute.

I do not understand why the adcom gives some people with lower GPA a chance, especially the ones in the 1.0-1.9 range. The human factor? hopes? I'll never know.

You're right to be frustrated about why Med school and Pharmschool don't just actually accept 3.8-4.0 only. They would have enough to fill out the seats. This will definitely shut down everyone else. No hope for those lower people for sure. They'll have to go be waiter or something along that line.

I'm glad that these institution don't have it your ways OT, and I'm glad that there remains a small speck of hopes for those in the abyss below.

Last edited:
Very excellent data you've provided there. This make me revise my hypothesis a bit.

There IS, infact, an "unlimited" (number of high GPA applicants necessary to fill out ALL seats of a class are available, and there are high GPA applicants remaining left who were not seated) pool of HIGH GPA applicants. The acceptance rate for the higher stats is SIGNIFICANTLY higher but is not absolute.

I do not understand why the adcom gives some people with lower GPA a chance, especially the ones in the 1.0-1.9 range. The human factor? hopes? I'll never know.

You're right to be frustrated about why Med school and Pharmschool don't just actually accept 3.8-4.0 only. They would have enough to fill out the seats. This will definitely shut down everyone else. No hope for those lower people for sure. They'll have to go be waiter or something along that line.

I'm glad that these institution don't have it your ways OT, and I'm glad that there remains a small speck of hopes for those in the abyss below.

As for medical school, I know that DO school looks at the entire applicant, and as such their GPA acceptance is lower than MD schools. That is one possibility for the sub 3.0 acceptance rate. I know in my state the MD schools accepted less than 5 percent of sub 3.0 candidates.

Another possibility is these sub 3.0 did a master's program that isn't included in the overall GPA. Alot of pre-health students do masters program, and unfortunately that does not get calculated into the overall GPA.

Either way, I hope I didn't offend anyone with my post. I just remembered a few people who asked me to help them get into pharmacy school by helping them prepare for the PCAT, and I found out they had a low GPA(~3.0), and so I wondered if this is typical of Pharmacy applicants. And I guess its unfair to say that that is a low GPA, since I'm a dental student and we have an average matriculation of around 3.6. No one at my school entered with sub 3.0.

And I don't think anyone with a low GPA is stupid, just to clarify. I know most of you work which makes it hard on every student. But I also see way too many people partying and saying they're still pre-med or something of that nature, and I just roll my eyes.

But back to my point, I think there has been way too many pharmacy schools opening, and I thought that might be a reason why they accept mediocre GPA and PCAT.

Either way, I hope I didn't offend anyone with my post. I just remembered a few people who asked me to help them get into pharmacy school by helping them prepare for the PCAT, and I found out they had a low GPA(~3.0), and so I wondered if this is typical of Pharmacy applicants. And I guess its unfair to say that that is a low GPA, since I'm a dental student and we have an average matriculation of around 3.6. No one at my school entered with sub 3.0.

And I don't think anyone with a low GPA is stupid, just to clarify. I know most of you work which makes it hard on every student. But I also see way too many people partying and saying they're still pre-med or something of that nature, and I just roll my eyes.

But back to my point, I think there has been way too many pharmacy schools opening, and I thought that might be a reason why they accept mediocre GPA and PCAT.

At least in my viewpoint, you didn't offend me. I expect people to raise their eyebrows when I tell them my GPA is below a 3.0, but I work against the idea that a number defines my mental capabilities.

And yes I agree that a lot of pharmacy schools are opening up and this is a very valid reason to be concerned on the capability and potential of upcoming PharmD graduates.

What you need to look at is that when you see people getting accepted with these low GPA's, this is an AVERAGE of all their grades. Many people who are accepted have a HUGE upward trend in their grades. Despite their efforts, it may be difficult to overcome their past performance and can only achieve a 3.0 GPA.

Ill use myself as an example (I haven't applied yet btw, so who knows if ill get accepted). I took 70 credits at one school with an overall 2.0 GPA. The highest I can achieve with straight A's (starting from Bio I, Chem I, etc) is a 3.1. However, my pre-requisite and science GPA is nearly 4.0 as well as my past 2 years of schooling.

Bottom line, overall GPA doesn't tell the whole story.

None of what you were saying came off as offensive though.

I think that real GPA's should be like pharmcas GPA's. If I get straight F's in my basic science classes, then retake them all and get A's... it's obvious that I didn't do as well as other people who made A's and did great the first time. Grade replacement is unfair to those of us that actually get it right the first time around. I'm not a fan of schools that do grade replacement either. If you messed up, you should have to work extremely hard to recover. And it's not a big surprise to see so many students on here with bad GPA's getting accepted to schools. There are just so many schools out there.. the good students go to the good schools, and the new schools end up with the bad students.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that real GPA's should be like pharmcas GPA's. If I get straight F's in my basic science classes, then retake them all and get A's... it's obvious that I didn't do as well as other people who made A's and did great the first time. Grade replacement is unfair to those of us that actually get it right the first time around. I'm not a fan of schools that do grade replacement either. If you messed up, you should have to work extremely hard to recover. And it's not a big surprise to see so many students on here with bad GPA's getting accepted to schools. There are just so many schools out there.. the good students go to the good schools, and the new schools end up with the bad students.

I think you're looking at this from a perspective that differs from many admissions committees. You seem to be saying a good student deserves to get into a good school as though pharmacy school admission is something that is earned in undergrad, like cords you wear at commencement. Unfortunately for students who do well, it's not like that. Sometimes students who did poorly get into good schools while other students with higher GPAs don't get into that same school. Why do you think this is? Like I said, AdComs are looking for people who they feel will be successful in their program and professionally. Not all schools see GPA as a sufficient statistic to predict success, or that's how every institution would do admissions. I don't get why this is so surprising for so many people.

Regarding schools that use grade replacement, I understand your sentiment and agree with it to an extent, but it turns out to be to my advantage. According to Texas Tech, one school that uses this policy, they have performed regression analyses to see which statistics are the most predictive of success in their program. The stats they found to be most predictive are pre-pharmacy GPA (not PharmCAS and only using most recent grade), PCAT composite, PCAT chemistry, PCAT bio, and PCAT reading percentiles. So while I understand that you feel it may be unfair, this is what at least one pharmacy school has found about successful students.

Admissions is not a process as reductive as looking at GPA.

You seem to be saying a good student deserves to get into a good school as though pharmacy school admission is something that is earned in undergrad

Not all schools see GPA as a sufficient statistic to predict success, or that's how every institution would do admissions.

1.) It is something that is earned in undergrad. Those of us that make good grades are trying to build a foundation for the next step of the education process. It's all preparation for whatever career we are trying to break into.

2.) That's true, it's mostly the good schools that actually look at GPA.

1.) It is something that is earned in undergrad. Those of us that make good grades are trying to build a foundation for the next step of the education process. It's all preparation for whatever career we are trying to break into.

2.) That's true, it's mostly the good schools that actually look at GPA.

I would have to disagree with your first point. You can earn good grades in undergrad, but unless you are in an automatic acceptance program, your good grades aren't enough to get you into school. Even the best schools. Sure higher grades help your chances, but they, alone, are insufficient. Getting accepted to a good program after earning good grades is not an entitlement. I think it's evident why this is. Pharmacy schools are probably more likely to accept a 3.5 GPA candidate with a couple years pharmacy experience over a 4.0 with no healthcare experience or involvement who can't answer why pharmacy. This may seem like a no-brainer because both students have a GPA that shows a degree of academic success, but we know that without pharmacy or healthcare experience it's doubtful that the 4.0 student knows what he is really going into. But let's go further. Let's say a non-traditional applicant has a 2.8 due to poor academic experiences a decade ago in an unrelated field, but, while working in healthcare or research, had decided that pharmacy is the career he wants to pursue. His post-bacc/prerequisite GPA is a 4.0 despite the 2.8 cumulative GPA. How should schools view this 2.8 applicant in comparison to the 3.5 GPA student? I think it's easy to see the difficulty in looking at GPA alone. Should PCAT help differentiate these students? Or is PharmCAS GPA enough? AdComs come across such diversity in applicants that comparing GPAs across them is comparing apples to oranges. Not to mention everyone took the same classes at different institutions, some at 4-year universities and others at 2-year colleges. How can one really compare GPAs so easily?

I am not sure what your point is for number 2. All schools, including brand new unaccredited schools, look at GPA, not just "good" schools. They just all view it differently. UCSF invites people with 2.8+ to apply, and if you look at their self-reported admission stats, you'll see they even admitted at least one individual with a GPA below that 2.8. I was invited to interview at Minnesota and Univ. of Maryland with a PharmCAS GPA of 2.70. And these are a few examples of good programs that consider sub-3.0 students that I'm able to recall easily. Of course if I were to apply to, for example, California programs that don't look at PCAT (USC, UCSD, UoP, etc.), my GPA would get my application thrown out without second consideration. What I'm getting at (rather ineloquently) is that there are many, many good programs that don't really view overall PharmCAS GPA as the most important factor. These schools have plenty of other 3.0+ candidates to choose from, but they don't. I don't think your point number two is clear enough when you don't identify what you mean by "good schools" and "actually look at GPA". Which programs do you consider good? And what do you mean by actually look at GPA? Is this your way of saying they don't weigh GPA enough in admissions decisions? Because all schools look at GPA.

Thoughts?

I would have to disagree with your first point. You can earn good grades in undergrad, but unless you are in an automatic acceptance program, your good grades aren't enough to get you into school. Even the best schools. Sure higher grades help your chances, but they, alone, are insufficient. Getting accepted to a good program after earning good grades is not an entitlement. I think it's evident why this is. Pharmacy schools are probably more likely to accept a 3.5 GPA candidate with a couple years pharmacy experience over a 4.0 with no healthcare experience or involvement who can't answer why pharmacy. This may seem like a no-brainer because both students have a GPA that shows a degree of academic success, but we know that without pharmacy or healthcare experience it's doubtful that the 4.0 student knows what he is really going into. But let's go further. Let's say a non-traditional applicant has a 2.8 due to poor academic experiences a decade ago in an unrelated field, but, while working in healthcare or research, had decided that pharmacy is the career he wants to pursue. His post-bacc/prerequisite GPA is a 4.0 despite the 2.8 cumulative GPA. How should schools view this 2.8 applicant in comparison to the 3.5 GPA student? I think it's easy to see the difficulty in looking at GPA alone. Should PCAT help differentiate these students? Or is PharmCAS GPA enough? AdComs come across such diversity in applicants that comparing GPAs across them is comparing apples to oranges. Not to mention everyone took the same classes at different institutions, some at 4-year universities and others at 2-year colleges. How can one really compare GPAs so easily?

I am not sure what your point is for number 2. All schools, including brand new unaccredited schools, look at GPA, not just "good" schools. They just all view it differently. UCSF invites people with 2.8+ to apply, and if you look at their self-reported admission stats, you'll see they even admitted at least one individual with a GPA below that 2.8. I was invited to interview at Minnesota and Univ. of Maryland with a PharmCAS GPA of 2.70. And these are a few examples of good programs that consider sub-3.0 students that I'm able to recall easily. Of course if I were to apply to, for example, California programs that don't look at PCAT (USC, UCSD, UoP, etc.), my GPA would get my application thrown out without second consideration. What I'm getting at (rather ineloquently) is that there are many, many good programs that don't really view overall PharmCAS GPA as the most important factor. These schools have plenty of other 3.0+ candidates to choose from, but they don't. I don't think your point number two is clear enough when you don't identify what you mean by "good schools" and "actually look at GPA". Which programs do you consider good? And what do you mean by actually look at GPA? Is this your way of saying they don't weigh GPA enough in admissions decisions? Because all schools look at GPA.

Thoughts?

To your first point, no one disagrees its includes more than GPA, and most applicants have pharmacy experience, and generally a good PCAT(it would be suspicious to have a 4.0 and not do well on the PCAT), but as long as you don't punch the person who interviewed you, then you should be a lock in compared to someone with a 2.7 and whatever else he has on his resume. The two most important factors at top schools are GPA and PCAT score; and thats just an undeniable fact.

Getting good grades is something that is more deserving for someone who has a 4.0 than someone with a 2.7. If it is not earned, then what is the point of getting a high GPA? What is the point of doing well in undergrad if it isn't weighted the most? You can be the sweetest person but if adcom isn't 100% sure you can handle the didactics, you will still fail. Having good personal character is great, but being able to graduate is always first.

And to the second point, great GPA and PCAT score will outweigh any other factors compared to someone who has a 3.0, even if the 3.0 candidate has 1000 hrs. of community service. A lot of things are considered but I think most candidate shares alot of similar EC and work experience; what separates alot of the candidates who get into their first choice school is their GPA and PCAT. Let me know if you disagree.

Food for thought...my husband and I both interviewed for a top ten program. My GPA is a 3.68, his is a 2.89. Guess who got an acceptance letter? Not me...but I sure did celebrate with him because he EARNED that acceptance. My point is that many schools really do look at things besides your GPA/PCAT score and sometimes the person who is a better fit for that particular school wins.:)

Food for thought...my husband and I both interviewed for a top ten program. My GPA is a 3.68, his is a 2.89. Guess who got an acceptance letter? Not me...but I sure did celebrate with him because he EARNED that acceptance. My point is that many schools really do look at things besides your GPA/PCAT score and sometimes the person who is a better fit for that particular school wins.:)

Did you two have different interviewers? If so, that explains why.

Surprisingly no, our interviewer was the same staff member. I had the morning interview session and his was in the afternoon that same day. Maybe he's better looking than me ;)

if i remember right i think i had a sub-3.0 sGPA...which was explained as being a product of lots of drinking and chasing tail in undergrad. Wouldn't trade those memories in for a better GPA.

I'm a resident now and lecture to/precept pharmacy students, give me another 3-4 years and I'll probably forget my GPA entirely.

Pharmacy schools dont accept low GPAs because they feel bad for the person or have some sympathy for them, they just are looking for ambitious individuals that go above and beyond. YOu can see in many cases that a student has a sub 3.0 GPA and is working for a big pharma company like J&J etc. Yeah GPA can tell you how academically fit a person is but sometimes these people with high GPAs are the ones who plateau once they get into pharmacy school, they have no motivation to push themselves and sometimes become content. You can see those with low GPAS sometimes outperform the high GPA individuals on the PCATs. Also I have witnessed students who have high GPAs just because of the fact they went to an undergraduate university where they were spoon fed. If im not mistaken, medical schools also do accept individuals with low MCAT scores depending on their ethnicities as well. Acceptance is such a multifactorial thing youll never know until you have sat with someone who was at the bottom in undergrad and flourished when they enter pharm school.

Im in no way bashing anyone, Yeah med school is more competitive because lets be real there is no opportunity for the Adcoms to say hey this applicant looks like he would be a good fit. He/she has to show 100% that he/she is capable because you are the front line in the healthcare system and patients lives are at stake. Pharmacists receive the prescription orders from the doctor and in one aspect is just the one to dispense and just inform patients of side effects etc. I think when pharmacists receive increased roles in the healthcare system, pharmacy schools will become stricter. We are seeing alot of changes in the PCAT for example and i think it will continue to.

You guys need to see the obvious. The reason is there are over 100+ schools and more opening soon and each accepting 200+. Of course the applicant pool will go down, if you got the $$$ you will get in, regardless of GPA. Anyone that disagrees can IM me and I will prove to you.

You guys need to see the obvious. The reason is there are over 100+ schools and more opening soon and each accepting 200+. Of course the applicant pool will go down, if you got the $$$ you will get in, regardless of GPA. Anyone that disagrees can IM me and I will prove to you.

Agreed.

I'll grad from my community college with around a 3.3 and I'm sure someone is still going to accept me, dunno if you consider that high or low gpa or not

An applicant is defined by more than just a GPA. MLK was a sup 3.0 student. Not saying everyone with a low GPA will be successful, but part of the beauty of the profession is the diversity it's students. People from all walks of life and have endured more than some people can imagine have all earned their spot in a school. Schools look at the whole package. Its not all about a GPA. also depends on the school. Id rather take a 2.7GPA from Harvard than a 4.0 from a CC (nothing on CCs) but generally, more prestigeous schools have toughter curriculum.

Also you were also the person who refered to me as a "biatch" on this forum lol. You see? acceptance is really depends on many factors, such as professionalism, etc, etc

Does anyone think that it's strange that pharmacy school admissions hasn't had too many papers over it? I know there are several research groups that do research on med school admissions & the best predictor of future outcomes & that kind of stuff but I really haven't seen anything for pharmacy schools. Thoughts as to why?

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 using SDN Mobile

Does anyone think that it's strange that pharmacy school admissions hasn't had too many papers over it? I know there are several research groups that do research on med school admissions & the best predictor of future outcomes & that kind of stuff but I really haven't seen anything for pharmacy schools. Thoughts as to why?

I've seen a couple papers. They were all by Pearson though!

Actually if you do a Google Scholar search for "pharmacy school admissions", you'll find a few publications. However they kind of all suck. Their collective summary: PCAT and GPA are valid predictors of success in a Pharm.D. program.