Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is it ok to withdraw from School X before May 15th via email?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Lakers4in5, May 5, 2004.

1. Lakers4in5

Lakers4in5 Member
    5+ Year Member

Is it ok to withdraw from School X before May 15th via email? Do I need to follow it up with regular mail?

I might have to wait till the last minute to withdraw because of financial aid issues.

2. novangel81

novangel81 cali for life....I HOPE??
    5+ Year Member

I am under the impression that email is fine to let them know early enough but they are still going to request that you do it in writing..at least that is my understanding...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

Email is good enough. When I withdrew from Temple, they didn't request me to write a letter. The email was good enough because to them that is in writing.

4. Lakers4in5

Lakers4in5 Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks for the quick replies.

5. SoulRFlare

SoulRFlare Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey
    I called university of cincinnati to withdrawal yesterday, and they told me that they wanted a signed letter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Verified Expert SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    A couple schools said they wanted letters when I withdrew. I never sent them. What are they going to do... Reject me?

7. SoulRFlare

SoulRFlare Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

worst case scenario--they don't process the withdrawal until they get a letter. no letter, no withdrawal. so may 15th rolls around, the school one wants to go to sees that they are holding more than one acceptance, and they drop them.