Is it possible to apply to med school while finishing up reqs and b4 MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sumanya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to double up on Phys/Chem during the year and then Orgo during the summer. At that point, I would like to being the admissions process for Fall 2008 while studying for the MCAT and take the exam before the official deadlines for admission. With the new changse in how the MCAT is administered, is this possible?

Members don't see this ad.

sumanya said:
I plan to double up on Phys/Chem during the year and then Orgo during the summer. At that point, I would like to being the admissions process for Fall 2008 while studying for the MCAT and take the exam before the official deadlines for admission. With the new changse in how the MCAT is administered, is this possible?

I was looking at a curriculum for my pre-health program and it seemed that they had students on the fast track taking Bio, Chem and Physics during the Fall and Spring semesters than orgo over the summer. They were to send in their AMCAS in July and take the MCAT in August. Judging from that solely, I would say that it is possible.

I would check with your pre-health advisor first though.

lee

Lshapley said:
I was looking at a curriculum for my pre-health program and it seemed that they had students on the fast track taking Bio, Chem and Physics during the Fall and Spring semesters than orgo over the summer. They were to send in their AMCAS in July and take the MCAT in August. Judging from that solely, I would say that it is possible.

I would check with your pre-health advisor first though.

lee

Thanks! Would you happen to personally know of anyone on the fast-track? I took Bio during undergrad, which is why I plan not to take it now. However, to boost my grades, I did consider doing it along with the other reqs all in one go w/ orgo over the summer. Any input on that one?