Is it possible to finish all content review in 1 month?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurkSurg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1st week: Bio
2nd week: Genchem
3rd week: o.chem
4th week: physics

is it possible to finish all the content review with 8hr/day studying?

Members don't see this ad.

definitely. absorbing a high percentage of it is NOT possible (unless my memory sucks) unless you know this stuff EXTREMELY well. I'd also recommend mixing it up and instead of dedicating a week per subject

Last edited:
I will have done it as of tomorrow...

The only reason I was able to though was because I wrote last summer and had stuff fairly fresh in my head.

All depends on how good you are with the material going in I think. I got it done in 1 to 1.5 months. Is the stuff relatively fresh in your mind? Even if it's not, if you did well in your courses and grasped the material relatively well, content review will be a lot easier. And I agree with Rolling that it's good to mix up the review because, as I'm finding right now through practice tests, the test is big on integrative thinking. It'll help if you're already making a lot of connections in the content while doing the review.

Content review is important... your goal should be to have a very good conceptual handle on the content before heading into practice exams. But practice exams are where everything starts coming together... they really help reinforce the material and hone your thinking for the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
actually, I have 1 month (vacation) + 3 more months to take the MCAT.
so I was thinking about doing all content review in that 1 month and start all over again (content review) in the 3 month period but also do FL's at the same time.

what do you guys think ?

i did my content review in about a month, which left 6-8 weeks to review and take practice exams.

i did about 6-8 hours a day, alternating
mon- 2 chapters EK bio
tues- 2 chapter EK chem
wed- 1 chapter EK orgo (there is only 4)
thurs- 2 chapters EK physics
fri- review

for four weeks.

on the days i did the chapters- i also did EK questions (every 3rd or 5th question) relating to those chapters. friday i would review stuff i thought was difficult and listen to Audio Osmosis.

Personally, I wish I would have crammed all the content in closer to the exam date because I started to forget stuff.

I would do everything in a 6-8 week window. Assuming you just need a review on content and then take practice tests.

I peaked both times before the actual test. I also think practice has more benefit that memorizing alot of crap that more than likely will not show up.

PS is where content review helps the most. BR is great for PS!

BS is now more a reading comp test and apply it. So, know general stuff but I found most of the answers in the passage.

Verbal is verbal.

Definitely. Bio might take a few days more and organic might take a few days less (given that you didn't fail the class). Content review is useless without practice so make sure you practice. Definitely give yourself a 1-2 week buffer period though so in case something comes up or you fall behind.

-LIS

I think it'd be better to mix up your studies more. As far as learning the material, if you've already taken the bio/chem/phys/orgo classes then it's just review anyways. Don't forget about verbal either, that really does take time to optimize what works for you.

Spend 1 week total time on each subject but definitely mix it up.
Are you making plans for the winter break to take the exam after the break?

It is possible, but make sure you are comfortable with it. If you know you do poorly in one of those subjects, take a little extra time. I also think it's a good idea to throw in some practice questions during those content review sessions. You need to know the types of questions the test will ask early on, or else you might be studying from the wrong perspective. i did all my studying in about a month while working, but i did practice questions all the time which I really think helped me to get into the right mindset. Know that there is a lot more critical thinking and it's not all just content!

for those that are saying mix up the studying, how should I mix it?
i was just planning:
1st week = O.Chem
2nd week = Gen.chem
3rd week = Physics
4th week = Biology

for those that are saying mix up the studying, how should I mix it?
i was just planning:
1st week = O.Chem
2nd week = Gen.chem
3rd week = Physics
4th week = Biology

I generally tried to touch on related topics together throughout the week. So for example, I studied thermodynamics in EK physics for a few days and then thermochemistry in EK chem afterwards, looked over that material on wikipremed and did practice questions to reinforce it. Or I looked over electrostatics for a few days and then looked over nervous system stuff.

Generally, it was more so physics and chem that I intertwined because I really wanted to get a good conceptual grasp on the material. The bio and orgo review was more of a refresher for me because I'm fresh off a year of orgo and I'm a bio major, so I just needed to look that stuff over a couple times. So just target what you're weak on. Someone above me gave a sample of her EK study schedule that looks good. You're in complete control, tailor it exactly to your needs.

Personally I think a month is overkill for content review. I had mine finished in two weeks excluding the weekends. I'm not trying to be a dbag or anything like that. I'm just pointing out that you should do what is best for you. You made it this far because you know what works for you and what doesn't. Don't change it up just because it's the MCAT. Trust what has worked for you and run with it.

Personally I think a month is overkill for content review. I had mine finished in two weeks excluding the weekends. I'm not trying to be a dbag or anything like that. I'm just pointing out that you should do what is best for you. You made it this far because you know what works for you and what doesn't. Don't change it up just because it's the MCAT. Trust what has worked for you and run with it.

It all depends. A science major may be able to review most everything in a week or two. A non science major that took bio 3 years ago might have to review longer.

Those who had excellent professors may find it easier to review a subject, while those who had poor professors and didn't thoroughly learn the subject the first time through may struggle more.

to each his own.