is it possible to get into MED SCHOOL (MD) with several f's on transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamsofmedschool

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
if I had several f's undergrad and I do a post-bac with almost to perfect performance, would that still make it hard for me to get into a MD program due to my past academic performance? Regardless of my past F's I could still bring my gpa close to 3.3 or 3.4

Members don't see this ad.

You've posted the same thing over 7 different post. You got the advice, go do the work. Instead of asking redundant question, go study and get A's or do some service learning.

Reactions: 13 users
Probably. Go finish your degree or whatever with all As and let us know how it goes. In the meantime get off SDN and start studying. You keep asking the same thing over and over. I realize you are hoping someone will say “oh you’ll be fine, I believe in you, don’t give up your dreams”. Not sure anyone will. It is up to you to straighten this out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t know the details of who you are, but superficially I was in exactly the same boat (had enough F’s though that my cumulative GPA was only 3.17). There was very little burden in being a smart person with the potential to go to medical school, especially with the fallback excuse of some prior failing grades. There is a lot of emotional burden now as a surgery resident, feeling with every mistake or bad patient outcome that maybe I could have done more if I’d just spent more time studying or practicing. Even though this is a more difficult path, I would still choose it again. You know who you want to be, though, so just go in the direction that is right for you, and nothing from without or within can stop you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

if I had several f's undergrad and I do a post-bac with almost to perfect performance, would that still make it hard for me to get into a MD program due to my past academic performance? Regardless of my past F's I could still bring my gpa close to 3.3 or 3.4
There are a number of MD schools (and all DO) that reward reinvention.

You'll need to ace the MCAT for MD though (513+)

Reactions: 1 user
How do you expect to get A's in a post bacc if you were getting F's in undergrad?

Reactions: 1 user
Probably. Go finish your degree or whatever with all As and let us know how it goes. In the meantime get off SDN and start studying. You keep asking the same thing over and over. I realize you are hoping someone will say “oh you’ll be fine, I believe in you, don’t give up your dreams”. Not sure anyone will. It is up to you to straighten this out.

@ OP. Oh you’ll be fine, I believe in you, don’t give up your dreams

Reactions: 1 users