Is it possible to get into PT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UFballerinaDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
University: University of Florida
Major: Health Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.885
Pre-Req GPA: approximately 3.8 ball park
GRE: Haven't taken an official test yet, but practice tests wise range from 146-156Q and 144-154V

Extra-Curric: dance ( ballet, lyrical, jazz, contemporary, modern), physical therapy club, chemistry club, health science club, CRU

Volunteer: over 100 hours in outpatient and pediatrics (still have to do inpatient), summer camp for kids with disabilities

Looking to apply: UF, UNF, UCF, USF

I have heard mixed reviews about the GRE and how schools use it to analyze your application. I am not very strong in verbal, but am very strong in the math section. Can a low GRE score hurt the chances of being admitted to these schools? Feedback will be appreciated- I am taking the revised GRE soon and was wondering how my current application stats/ qualities would look as is. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is solid. I wouldn't think you would have any problems getting in. Maybe put more time into studying for the GRE before taking it. You should be fine though. Good luck!

You should change title of topic to `is it possible NOT to get in?` with the stats you have!

Members don't see this ad :)
You should change title of topic to `is it possible NOT to get in?` with the stats you have!

Agreed. I don't know why you are even slightly worried because your stats are great so far. Your GPA is higher than the average GPA for accepted applicants, and you have quite a few extracurriculars. You should be able to get accepted to at least one of the schools you apply to if not more.

You will get accepted to every school you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app I will accept any pt school at this point. I cannot sleep