Is it possible to reserve seats at multiple schools once accepted ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fifa518

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in bit of a dilemma and want to know if I can accept 1-2 schools by reserving a seat. My interview times are too far apart and I don't want to risk loosing a spot trying to reach my top school. Big mistake I know

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, you reserve seats by paying your deposit. Paying your deposit will guarantee you a seat for next year if you choose attend that school. You may withdraw at any time but most deposits are non-refundable. And they are quite hefty ($500-$1500). Your deposit eventually gets credited into your tuition.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Will schools be angered/even find out if you reserve multiple seats ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Will schools be angered/even find out if you reserve multiple seats ?

No. Schools would most likely not even find out. And even if they did, I don't think they would care much, or even at all. If you pay your deposit but choose not to attend their school, it's like giving them free money. They'll just pull another student off their wait-list or accept another student at a later interview to cover your seat. I don't know about you, but free money would not make me angry. :)

Reactions: 1 users
No. Schools would most likely not even find out. And even if they did, I don't think they would care much, or even at all. If you pay your deposit but choose not to attend their school, it's like giving them free money. They'll just pull another student off their wait-list or accept another student at a later interview to cover your seat. I don't know about you, but free money would not make me angry. :)

Okay that's great ! Thanks for your help!

I'm in bit of a dilemma and want to know if I can accept 1-2 schools by reserving a seat. My interview times are too far apart and I don't want to risk loosing a spot trying to reach my top school. Big mistake I know

How far apart were your interviews? My interviews are about 3-4 weeks apart, and I was wondering if I still must put a deposit down or do they give you a couple of months to decide?

How far apart were your interviews? My interviews are about 3-4 weeks apart, and I was wondering if I still must put a deposit down or do they give you a couple of months to decide?
Mine were 3 weeks apart. My first school only gave me 2 weeks to respond :/ they said I could ask for an extension but I was too scafed to ask Since in my interview I told them I have another interview in 3 weeks, they told me they would give me up to a month but they didn't .. So I just didn't ask (I didn't want to anger them), but you can ask for an extension I'm sure they can give it. I reserved my seat anyway, but worth a shot to ask

In general schools want a response within 2-3 weeks though unfortunately . But good luck !

Thank you so much for your reply! :)