Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Is it possible to switch to EDP after submitting amcas?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by rachmoninov3, Jul 25, 2006.

1. rachmoninov3

rachmoninov3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My dream school is my state school, but when I applied with amcas it was as a regular applicant. (I didn't apply EDP because of a rumor that if you're not 4.0 45T don't apply EDP). Well, I'm not THAT qualified but I'm still slightly higher MCAT and about average (post-bac) GPA, and this is my fourth year applying!!! So as I'm working on all other secondaries and still not hearing from my state, I emailed the dean about the rumor, explaining how I really want to go to school X, and I feel bad working on all these apps. for other schools. The dean then said that EDP is discouraged only if you don't have everything ready, or if you can make something better. Other than another semester of post-bac/grad work (grad chemistry and linear algebra in the fall), I have nothing to make my application better.

I searched AMCAS, and couldn't find a way to change to EDP. I've called the school and emailed them and I'm stil waiting for an answer. Any ideas?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. goaliesean

goaliesean New Member

Pre-Medical
    unfortunately, it sounds like your primary is already being sent out to other schools and from this point on it is very unlikely that you would be able to apply early decision.best of luck

4. jackieMD2007

jackieMD2007 ***MVI***
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would call AMCAS, but I think that once you've applied regular MD to other schools, you can't apply EDP. You already have applications out there, which you can't if you're EDP. You have to "suicide" that one school and wait on their decision.

5. CTtarheel

CTtarheel Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I haven't yet yeard a med school dean or advisor ever say that EDP is an advantage. It DOES NOT bump you up if you have mediocre stats. I'd carefully check the MSAR and find out how many people they actually took by EDP before even worrying about it.

6. rachmoninov3

rachmoninov3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Thanks everybody. I'll wait to see if I hear from the school, if not i'll just wait.

"I hate waiting..." inigo montoya, from the princess bride :p