Is it possible to take a required class during your gap year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fluffycookie1231

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I might have to take another semester course that is required of a medical school I just interviewed at. I have already graduated from college and am in my gap year.

Let's say that I get an A in December. Could I take this course prior to the medical school starting?

Members don't see this ad.

So I might have to take another semester course that is required of a medical school I just interviewed at. I have already graduated from college and am in my gap year.

Let's say that I get an A in December. Could I take this course prior to the medical school starting?
Yes, most schools will allow this as long as your course is complete and grades final before matriculation to medical school.

Reactions: 6 users
Yes! You can apply to medical school before you finish all your required classes. You simply need to finish all your prerequisite classes before you actually start medical school.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! You can apply to medical school before you finish all your required classes. You simply need to finish all your prerequisite classes before you actually start medical school.
Thank you! Just wanted to double check!

Thank you so much! I just wanted to make sure this is possible :)!