Is it realistic to expect to match in Columbus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Proudfather94

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I wanted to know what the chances of matching into a residency in Columbus are if I'm willing to be flexible with my specialty. Is it reasonable to plan to match in a specific city? Since I got accepted into medical school I'm trying to plan the next steps of my life out and prepare before I'm constantly busy with studying.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I wanted to know what the chances of matching into a residency in Columbus are if I'm willing to be flexible with my specialty. Is it reasonable to plan to match in a specific city? Since I got accepted into medical school I'm trying to plan the next steps of my life out and prepare before I'm constantly busy with studying.
Completely reasonable. When you consider this in the future, look at the resident lists where you’re interested and see if there’s any DOs. For instance, riverside will be pretty DO friendly.

I will say that you can never really bank on a location/program. Every location this process has taken me is somewhere I would’ve never expected 5 years ago.

Reactions: 1 users
Completely reasonable. When you consider this in the future, look at the resident lists where you’re interested and see if there’s any DOs. For instance, riverside will be pretty DO friendly.

I will say that you can never really bank on a location/program. Every location this process has taken me is somewhere I would’ve never expected 5 years ago.
Thank you I'll keep that in mind! I need to look up more about ERAS.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. Columbus has Doctors, Riverside, Mount Carmel, and OSU which all have residencies in a lot of specialties

Reactions: 1 users