Is it require to finish Master Degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Auspicious2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sometimes. Usually they ask you to finish. If not you have to get a note from the dean of the master program saying you can leave. But I think they want you to finish

Members don't see this ad :)
Look at the admission requirements or ask someone who works in the office. Every school varies but in general you should finish....

If you have begun a Masters program, you will be expected to have finished it before matriculating into medical school. Anythiing else is viewed as "poaching" from another program and it is considered bad form.

There are some exceptions made but overall I would expect most if not all medical schools to adhere to this unwritten rule in academia.

Most students do not earn a master's degree before proceeding from undergrad to medical school, if that's what you're asking. I know of no med school that requires students to earn a masters degree before matricuation.

Why wouldn't you finish your masters?

That just looks lazy, IMHO.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In general they ask you to complete masters’ but you need to inquire it from the particular college authority as it may vary from college to college..