Will bad Preview score affect my chances with schools that don’t require it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medmd2024

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Casper & got 1st quartile. I took Preview today. I didn’t have the chance to prepare much. After taking it, I discovered my results will be accessible by all schools. Now i’m terrified if i get bad score, will my chances be ruined with schools who don’t require Preview too.
Please Adcoms, can u answer my concern.
@Goro

Members don't see this ad.

I took Casper & got 1st quartile. I took Preview today. I didn’t have the chance to prepare much. After taking it, I discovered my results will be accessible by all schools. Now i’m terrified if i get bad score, will my chances be ruined with schools who don’t require Preview too.
Please Adcoms, can u answer my concern.
@Goro
If we don't require it, how could we possibly know your score?

This thread can be moved to the Casper/SJT forum if desired. I think this topic was discussed there.

PREview scores are part of the data stream sent through AMCAS, just like race/ethnicity data. Admissions offices will be responsible for redacting the data if their committee does not consider PREview results for decisions (like they would for race/ethnicity).

Reactions: 1 user