Is it required to increase my GPA?

Started by oral2013
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oral2013

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I am graduated with my BDS about 9 years ago. I have quiet a bit of work experience as dental assistant in US. I am looking to get into DDS Program & I have started working on my NBDE Part 1 & toefl. My GPA is 2.1. I am quiet serious about my studies. Due to some unforeseen situation in my life it has taken this long. Anyways, I am need some suggestion here..
To increase my GPA is it a good idea to get into a one year MS Program in dental public health or may not be required since I have work experience?
Do you think I'll still stand a good chance of getting into the program after clearing boards & toefl along with my work experience?

Thanks!