Is it rude to call for earlier interview dates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fuzzywuz

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have an interview that isn't for another few months. Given that acceptances have started going out, I know that people are canceling their interviews. This means there are possible openings for earlier dates.

Do you think its rude to call and ask about moving up my interview date? Or would the school initiate the contact if they want to fill the spots up?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

That's a good question....

I have a similar question.

hey i just got one last week.

... I was wondering, does anyone know if it is less advantageous to schedule and interview later (as opposed to scheduling one asap)...

I have one in Stony Brook, and want to go there after BUSM and GW (going in late november).... I want to go to Stony maybe in december or even jan.... should i just go asap???

Members don't see this ad :)

... I was wondering, does anyone know if it is less advantageous to schedule and interview later (as opposed to scheduling one asap)...

I have one in Stony Brook, and want to go there after BUSM and GW (going in late november).... I want to go to Stony maybe in december or even jan.... should i just go asap???

Seems like SUNY's are all rolling. If that's the case, it's definitely advantageous to interview earlier since they'll have more spots available to offer you. That said, December and January aren't so late that they're starting to increase their standards for admission, so if it's an inconvenience to do it earlier, I wouldn't worry about it. Now, if we're talking March interviews...then you'd probably want to move it up as much as possible.

Hey all,

I have an interview that isn't for another few months. Given that acceptances have started going out, I know that people are canceling their interviews. This means there are possible openings for earlier dates.

Do you think its rude to call and ask about moving up my interview date? Or would the school initiate the contact if they want to fill the spots up?

Thanks!

It's not rude, as long as you're not rude in your request. If you call and say that you have an interview on X day, but would love to interview sooner, and ask if any spaces have opened up, that's fine. Just make sure you don't sound demanding or entitled.

I would go earlier if it's rolling. Why do you want to go later?

Thanks for the responses! =)