AfgDental

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone,

I'm really stressing out about my application status!!!:(:(

I'm planning on submitting my application on July 24 (this Friday)

And taking my DAT on August 25 or 26

Does this eliminate me from the first cycle of interviews???

Do I still have a decent shot!!

Thank you everyone

fldnstrm

5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2009
NY,NY
Status
Dental Student
I really don't know. If you can fax your unofficial scores to schools after you take it you might make it in the first cycle. Since AADSAS was pushed back to JUNE 1st everything might get pushed back. I guess we will see, I hope that for your sake it gets you in the first wave. I would recommend getting any supplementary apps and money sent into schools now, so all they will be waiting on are your DAT scores.

Last edited:

sfrice80

Blood, Sweat, and Beers
Jun 11, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Status
Dental Student
It doesnt eliminate you but it puts you at a major disadvantage compared to someone who is early. Your application wont be viewed until after your DAT for most schools which is right before the "early" deadline. Depending on your stats, you may just get less interviews when compared to you applying in June.

Danny289

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone,

Thank you everyone
your GPA and DAT score can make exception.

May 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
It doesnt eliminate you but it puts you at a major disadvantage compared to someone who is early. Your application wont be viewed until after your DAT for most schools which is right before the "early" deadline. Depending on your stats, you may just get less interviews when compared to you applying in June.

Ok, what if schools have everything but are just waiting on DAT scores? All my stuff is in, and I'm going to take DAT at end of august. Will I still be ok for pre-december interviews??

xiphoidprocess

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2008
West Coast
Status
Pre-Dental
Ok, what if schools have everything but are just waiting on DAT scores? All my stuff is in, and I'm going to take DAT at end of august. Will I still be ok for pre-december interviews??
You might have a chance for pre december interviews if you rock the DAT.

sfrice80

Blood, Sweat, and Beers
Jun 11, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Status
Dental Student
You'll still be towards the end of the "early" deadline and I know most schools wont look at your application until they have received your DAT scores so your application will be at the bottom until then and some schools dish out invites for interviews by end of august. You might get some but prolly a lot less when compared to applying with the same stats in june.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
Hi everyone,

Thank you everyone
This is like asking the weatherman to predict the weather. Who knows what your GPA is. What you will get on the DAT. The first wave of interview from Nova have started to go out. Look at predents when people submitted and when they received their first interviews. Interviews will still be going on well into November and throughout Jan/Feb. Patience my friend, it's a long ride.

OP
A

AfgDental

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Ok another question...what is offically the end of early deadline...and does anyone know when VCU will be sending interview invites.

GPA is 3.6 and DAT hopefully will be 19-20

thanks

4thMolar

5+ Year Member
May 25, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Ok another question...what is offically the end of early deadline...and does anyone know when VCU will be sending interview invites.

GPA is 3.6 and DAT hopefully will be 19-20

thanks
There is no "official" end of early deadline. Many dental schools recommend you apply in June/July so that they can receive all your application materials by August. If you look on most school's websites, they state this and also that admissions is on a rolling basis, meaning the earlier you submit, the better. VCU has already started sending out emails that applications have been complete and will be under review, so it could be a matter of weeks or even days before they start sending out interview invitations.

sajjy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2007
Status
Dental Student
It all depends on the school. My file was complete in mid july. But i heard from some schools later in the cycle while most of them responded by august end or September beginning.

Teeth4Life

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Who knows, they might find something about you that really sticks out. Plus, kind of a side NOTE but I know that TMDSAS isn't rushing us as much as AADSAS.

May 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
You'll still be towards the end of the "early" deadline and I know most schools wont look at your application until they have received your DAT scores so your application will be at the bottom until then and some schools dish out invites for interviews by end of august. You might get some but prolly a lot less when compared to applying with the same stats in june.
seriously? :(

Well I want to be well prepared before I take the DAT...so I don't have much choice but to take it in August.

Anymore feedback, anyone?