Is it too late to apply, even as a URM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bassfisher

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the July 13 MCAT, and I have basically completed my AMCAS + PS. But I am unsure of my performance on the exam, and I would hate to waste 400$ submitting my primary app if my test score is terrible. Scores come out on the 15 Aug, can I submit then, or is that way too late?
 
How were your practice test scores?

Submitting during this time is pretty late by SDN standards, but depending on how long it takes you to get verified you could still be alright. But how are you practice test scores?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, applying late is applying late; whether you are URM or not.

yeah, my test scores were around 29-33, but I think I really bombed it. So even if I have all secondaries in by mid-september, that is too late?
 
No, you aren't too late, but you are now competing against a larger applicant pool who also took a little longer to get everything in, but you certainly aren't too late. I say that you got for it.