Is It Too Late To Contact Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CREIGHTON

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My interview season started in Novemeber and ended in December. I was able to make it to all of my interviews, but had a lot going on. I never wrote thank you letters or contacted my programs. I am sending out letters today, but feel like it is going to be too late. Do you think most places have already submitted their rank list?

Members don't see this ad.

Rank night is not until mid-late february. It is still not too late to send your thank you letters. Since there is a bit of a delay from the time you interviewed, I would also recommend you try to personally contact those programs which your most interested in (i.e. use the phone) to let them know you are indeed interested. By doing this, you won't have to worry about your letters getting lost, misplaced, destroyed, misfiled, etc., prior to being read.

jvarga said:
Rank night is not until mid-late february. It is still not too late to send your thank you letters. Since there is a bit of a delay from the time you interviewed, I would also recommend you try to personally contact those programs which your most interested in (i.e. use the phone) to let them know you are indeed interested. By doing this, you won't have to worry about your letters getting lost, misplaced, destroyed, misfiled, etc., prior to being read.

Do you directly call the program director and tell him or her that you are highly interrested?

Call whomever you feel comfortable talking to. The program director, a faculty member or resident that interviewed you, or even any resident that you had a good raport with. Word travels fast in any residency, so chances are your desires will be known at rank night. However, I would definitely make at least two calls (to different people, of course) to each program to ensure that they know you are serious about them. Of course, this should all be done in addition to your Thank you letters, not instead of.