Is it too late to start at 24?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CasualScrubs100

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
By the time I finish pre-med courses and medical school, I will be 30. Then, 3 years of residency (or more, depending on specialty). Does anyone here have experience starting this process late in the game? Am I too old already?
 
I don't think you're old at all. In my anatomy dissection group of 4 (all 1st year students), we had a 27, 26 and 31 y.o.
 
By the time I finish pre-med courses and medical school, I will be 30. Then, 3 years of residency (or more, depending on specialty). Does anyone here have experience starting this process late in the game? Am I too old already?
Im currently 27 in my first year. I will be 30 by the time I graduate. You're going to be 30 regardless of whether you go to med school or not. Might as well be congratulated as doctor casualscrubs100 when you turn 30.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am 34 and starting med school this fall. I think the average age of medical school matriculant nowadays is around 24/25. You will be fine.
 
Last edited: