• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

cabound

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I took the August MCAT (didn't go too well... 23R) and I retook the Jan CBT MCAT.. My GPA is 3.23... but I'm having trouble getting over the feeling that I'm too late in the app cylce, and my stats aren't that high... Does anyone know about the latter portion of the interview cycle?? I still have to send in my secondaries (I'm hoping to be finished by the end of the week) Thanks for any helpful advice.:rolleyes:

SleepPsych72

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
At this point I would say that yes. If you havn't filled out primary and secondary apps, it is too late. The good news is that the new round is only a few months away.

About the Ads

koennen

Lend Me An Ear
10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Status (Visible)
Even for someone with stellar stats, chances would be real slim at this point in the cylce. No offense intended, but with your stats you'd just be throwing money out the window. Save your money and get everything in early for next year.

cabound

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Thanks for the advice. I guess I was just hoping I could start school this year itself. But, it's good in a way b/c now I have a head start on next year's cycle!

MCATTT

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey a friend of mine has his primary processed and will be sending out secondaries this week. He has a 28 MCAT, 3.6-3.8ish gpa, good E.C.'s + LORS. Is it too late to send out secondaries and expect interviews? His first choice is NYCOM and he is a NY resident.

NYCOM only gives secondary to students that they want to interview. So, you friend does not need to do anything, but to wait. He still have a good chance.

For OP, just send out the secondaries ASAP if you have time. (otherwise, don't stress on it too much.)
The deadline in on March. Although it is pretty late for this cycle, you might still have a chance depending on the school you are applying to. It is kind of unpredictable with DO schools. You never know what will happen next.

MRa2z

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i say, if you can get a primary in to your top school, or maybe top 2, go for it. med schools ARE unpredictable..ppl DO get lucky. if money isnt a big problem, go for it. no harm.

D

Dr. Josh

Thanks for the advice. I guess I was just hoping I could start school this year itself. But, it's good in a way b/c now I have a head start on next year's cycle!

Yes, spend the time getting great clinical experience and some ECs to really make yourself stand out.

natureboy503

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
mississippi in my mind
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
is it too late? ask yourself this question. is it past the due date? if not, then it is not too late. i sent in my primary on the last possible date, and the rest is history.......med school and ER residency!

cabound

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
wellll, i already withdrew my application, b/c my LOR's were on their way in... I REALLY hope I made the right choice to sit out this cycle and try again strong for next year:(

cabound

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Thank you all for your help!!!

Marianne11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2003
Henderson-Las Vegas NV
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I took the August MCAT (didn't go too well... 23R) and I retook the Jan CBT MCAT.. My GPA is 3.23... but I'm having trouble getting over the feeling that I'm too late in the app cylce, and my stats aren't that high... Does anyone know about the latter portion of the interview cycle?? I still have to send in my secondaries (I'm hoping to be finished by the end of the week) Thanks for any helpful advice.:rolleyes:

It's not too late if you are applying to CA or NV schools. I'm on hold at all the schools I applied to pending my new Jan MCAT. Two requested secondaries (Nove & Bradenton), but the other 2 are waiting for the score(Touro NV & Western). Being that they are all awaiting my scores to invite me to interview or get a seconday, it is not too late for you. Just have your ACCOMAS done & priomary sent before the new MCAT release date. Your 23R isn't too bad for some of these schools. A 27+ would be great. :)

lateapplicant

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I just applied to TOURONY and LECOM about a week ago. The deadline for LECOM is March 1st, for TOURONY June 1st. With 31M/3.45 does anyone have an idea if I stand a chance. I already submitted my secondary to LECOM because it was only $50, but I don't know if I want to waste $200 on TOURONY.
Thanks Anyone and Everyone.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.