Is it too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EarlyEditionDude

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand that the application period for pharmacy school started during the summer months, and now it is kind of late to apply to pharmacy school? What are my chances in getting a seat if I decide to apply now to a CA pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

EarlyEdition,

It is not too late to apply to Pharm School. It is imperative that you take the PCAT in January and have your applications sent in now. The PCAT is given in Nov and Jan for entering class 2003....(I believe those are the two months you can check on the pscyhological corporation website).

Admissions for Pharmacy is on a skyrise, especially in southern california where payment for Pharmacists being at 90k+ with a bmw according to my friend who just got hired.

Good Luck with everything:D

Is it to late to take the PCAT for next years admissions cycle? I was planning on med school but won't make it, probably. Are schools that don't require the PCAT as good as schools that do require it?

Members don't see this ad :)
No. It is not too late to apply for 2003 entering class. There is one more exam coming in january and another one in March (i think, check the pcat site) but I suggest that you take the one in january. if you took the mcats, then the pcats should be no problem for you.

however, send in your applications in first so all they will need are your pcat scores. Don't apply to pharm d school just because you can't make it into medical school. Do what you enjoy.

Consider post bac programs for medical school if that is what you want to do.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice. I am not sure exactly what I want to do. I have thought about doing a post-bac program and then medicine but that takes a lot of time.