Is it too soon to ask to be transferred to a different district?

Started by pharmkj
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmkj

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Due to saturation I moved to a new state to work for CVS. But then I found out that there are availabilities in the city and that there is actually a NEED for pharmacists.

I just started working in my assigned district for only two weeks (and though it wasnt my top choice, I was happy with getting ANY offer at that point). But while working this week, one of the pharmacist tells me that an adjacent district (in the city) is desperate for pharmacists. And she tells me that she has been working with the other district's supervisor to be transffered to a store in the city.

Being young, the idea of working in the city seems more appealing to me rather than working in the boondocks (where I am currently located at). So do you think it is too soon to ask about working in the other district?
 
Oh, this is a great question that will probably be very pertinent to people graduating in my class! I'm interested in the answer to this, too. What is the general protocol for intra-company transfers, if you take a job in a rural area and hope to eventually relocate to a nearby city or distant state? Would you have to work a few weeks, months, or years before relocating? Thanks, pharmkj, for asking this! Also, should you let your employer know that you're interested in relocating eventually, so they think of you when openings arise--or would that hurt your chances of getting A job, even in a rural area, if they know you probably won't be staying there for long?