Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

is it true about Ds?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by youngjock, Apr 19, 2002.

1. youngjock

youngjock Membership Revoked
    Removed

i remembered reading it somewhere that do schools don't count your failed classes if you have retaken them?

is it true? i had Ds last fall, i want to retake them this fall. I am just wondering if i should apply for next fall, or should I wait for another year? I have done all the rest of the classes. I don't really want to wait.

any suggestions?

2. Bradleyp

Bradleyp Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You have to list every class on your transcript exactly how it appears, the same for accomas and amcas. I would say that is not true at all. You can however use your highest MCAT

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    About the grades...AAMCAS uses all of your grades....

AACOMAS shows all of them...but computes the higher grades(really improves your numbers)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    The last post is correct, all the grades are listed, but the higher one is used in the GPA.