Is it true if you major in a foreign language like Chinese will help you get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StanfordBest

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine got accepted with a very LOW MCAT score into Stanford medical school. It was a 24 MCAT and the reason why she got accepted into Stanford with such a low MCAT score was that she double majored in Chinese and Japanese and finished it at her University within 2 years and her overall GPA wasn't even that good.

Members don't see this ad.

A friend of mine got accepted with a very LOW MCAT score into Stanford medical school. It was a 24 MCAT and the reason why she got accepted into Stanford with such a low MCAT score was that she double majored in Chinese and Japanese and finished it at her University within 2 years and her overall GPA wasn't even that good.

Yep its true and if you triple major in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, you can get into Stanford with a 16 MCAT score!

Yep its true and if you triple major in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, you can get into Stanford with a 16 MCAT score!

Wow! Really! I am going to try that then! Chinese and Japanese are really cool languages to study if I should go there one day.

Members don't see this ad :)

I majored in Vietnamese, with a minor in East Asian studies, naturally.
Didn't even need to take the MCAT. Full ride to Princeton Med.

I majored in Vietnamese, with a minor in East Asian studies, naturally.
Didn't even need to take the MCAT. Full ride to Princeton Med.

Good for you! Actually my friend already knows Chinese and Japanese, so she got into Stanford quite easily when she decided to major in Chinese and Japanese anyway. Her overall GPA was just a tad bit above 3.15 but she writes good personal essays.

Good for you! Actually my friend already knows Chinese and Japanese, so she got into Stanford quite easily when she decided to major in Chinese and Japanese anyway. Her overall GPA was just a tad bit above 3.15 but she writes good personal essays.

I heard if you write your secondaries in Helvetica, it's +5 points on the LizzM score.

LMAO Princeton Med.
I hear thats THE toughest one to get into. :D

Wow, some major trolling today dawg.

Let me guess, you attend undergrad in the state of Florida (guessing from your previous thread with a different username), and you are pissed about the Asian kids in your class who "ruined" the curve and caused you to get a bad grade. You want to go to Harvard or Stanford medical schools (hence the other threads you created), but now that your GPA stinks "because" of the Asian kids, you come on here and "diss" them out. Very mature :thumbdown:

If I was you I would let whatever vengeance you seem to have go, and keep studying for your classes and the MCAT.

Wow, some major trolling today dawg.

Let me guess, you attend undergrad in the state of Florida (guessing from your previous thread with a different username), and you are pissed about the Asian kids in your class who "ruined" the curve and caused you to get a bad grade. You want to go to Harvard or Stanford medical schools (hence the other threads you created), but now that your GPA stinks "because" of the Asian kids, you come on here and "diss" them out. Very mature :thumbdown:

If I was you I would let whatever vengeance you seem to have go, and keep studying for your classes and the MCAT.

:thumbup:

please ban OP. and OH, his IP too.

I heard if you write your secondaries in Helvetica, it's +5 points on the LizzM score.

Not true! I wrote it with Microsoft word! I can't believe I got in! I am one happy Chinese girl!

I thought it was a friend of yours? :laugh:

12911502.jpg

Oh congrats I've always wanted to go to Hogwa...PrincetonMed :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.