Is it worth sending preinterview LOI at this point?

Started by bigthing0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bigthing0

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are a couple of programs I am very interested in but have not gotten invitations or rejections. I already have sent LOIs to these places, but thy didn’t seem to have helped. I tried calling them personally but often times radiology coordinators would let it go straight through answering machines. Is it worth sending additinoal LOIs or update letters at this point in the hope of getting interview spots that could have recently become available from applicant cancellations? Would there be anything else that I could do to convince the programs to send me invitations? I would greatly appreciate your input.
 
Sounds like it would be more annoying than anything else. I would hold off until it is much later in the cycle. That's just what I would do.
 
Yes, personally I think its reasonable. Interview season is underway, nearly all programs have released at least a round of invites, reaching out is definitely reasonable and IMO not much to lose at this point.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, personally I think its reasonable. Interview season is underway, nearly all programs have released at least a round of invites, reaching out is definitely reasonable and IMO not much to lose at this point.

You think it's reasonable to send multiple LOIs to the same program, despite hearing nothing from them? Why is that?
 
You think it's reasonable to send multiple LOIs to the same program, despite hearing nothing from them? Why is that?

Oh I must have misread. DEFINITELY NOT multiple. No more than 1.

I haven't sent these, but I know classmates have in other specialties.