Is it worth the tuition fees?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spyder45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a student in Ontario, Canada and was thinking of applying for pharmacy school in the UK since I don't think I have high enough marks to get into Toronto (Waterloo is still an option though) and just wanted to know is it worth it after graduating and finding a job in terms of being able to pay off your tuition fees.

Since I am an international student, I will be required to pay around 20,000 CAD each year which will come up to 80,000 CAD after four years if I go to the UK. My parents are just worried about the big amount of loan I will have to repay and it will take me a long time to pay it back. I was hoping someone can tell me how long it took them repay back their loan and if they had any trouble at all in finding a good job.

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry if a thread about this has already been posted, couldn't really find one relating to it....

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, so does anyone have any advice? I just wanted to know if it is easy to find jobs in both Canada and US after graduating from pharmacy school?

I cannot speak for jobs as a whole, but in the Chicagoland suburbs and the city itself, it is rather difficult to find community pharmacy jobs. You'll have to go to areas which are more "rural/less populated/not the Chicagoland suburbs" if you wanted to find a job in Illinois.

Additionally, I unfortunately do not know the laws well, but you will need to look into how the UK pharm license will transfer over if you wished to practice in the US. There are currently pharmacists from Thailand, Singapore, and Vietnam who entered as second years in my pharmacy program so that they can earn a Doctor of Pharmacy degree to practice here.